This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and blog sites

I'm not sure what my issue is, but it seems that anytime I go to blog website, I get an error that says the script has stopped working and wants me to choose either continue, wait, debug. I have no clue as to programming so if I choose debug, it looks like a foreign language to me. This only happens when I am on a blog type website, not typically on regular sites.

I'm currently using Firefox 47.0, Funnelcake Jul 2012,mozilla14-1.0 and the about box is telling me that my Firefox is up to date. Is there something I need to look for to stop this error? I hate using IE, it has never really worked well on this particular laptop and I've become quite comfortable with FF.

Anyone have any clues as to why I'm plagued with this issue and how to fix it? Any additional information needed to help me diagnose the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Is it always on one specific site? Or on blogs with a specific software package (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, etc?). If you feel OK doing so, can you post links to the suspect sites? Version of Windows/Mac/mobile OS?

My FF just reports its version as v47. Funnelcake is a specific variant, unsure why it's showing up for you).
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Most of the issues are coming from links I'm getting through Pinterest. I know a few have been WordPress sites but as for Joomla, I have no idea. It's also strange that now that I broke down and asked for help, I can't replicate the error. I'll keep a watch on it and if something should pop up, I'll try to do a screen shot &/or tag the website here for more assistance. I forgot, I'm using Windows 10.
      Thanks!
      Last edited by Luna Baby; 06-20-2016, 12:33 AM. Reason: add current OS

Comment

When I had a problem like this I got the firefox addon NoScript. Used it to block problematic scripts from certain sites.

From Mozilla:

Error happens when accessing certain websites

If the error happens only on a specific website, you can block scripts from running on that website. Many sites still function even if scripting is disabled.

Install the YesScript extension and restart Firefox.
        Open the Firefox window, click the Tools menu and select Add-ons.
        In the dialog that comes up, click on the YesScript entry.
        Click Options.
        In the YesScript Blacklist dialog, type the URL of the site that's giving you problems in the text box.
        Click Add. The domain name of the site will be added to the list.

Now that the problematic site has been blocked from running scripts, it will no longer cause unresponsive script warnings.

Comment

ok, so I had no problems for a few days and then today, bam, it hits again. The current site giving me fits is http://www.thesugarhit.com/2016/06/m...ubarb-pie.html

I know absolutely nothing about html, programming, debugging, etc.

I haven't done yet what SFK has suggested but will look into it. The problem happens at random times and with random sites (since I get there from Pinterest).

Comment

Working...
          X