This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill me now

So I just bought a new phone. Nothing very expensive, but a step or 2 up from my old Tracfone (a replacement phone they sent me which was crap). Samsung Galaxy Express 3.

I just set it up the other day and like an idiot didn't note my password. Forgot it. Couldn't figure out what I chose so I did a reset of the phone. I managed to activate it but it keeps cycling back over and over and over again to a message "this device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device."

So I do that and it goes BACK to the same screen asking me sign in with an account that was previously synced on the phone. I tried the gmail account that I just set up the other day and THAT takes me - you guessed it - back to the same screen!! What the fuck else does it WANT?? There are only 2 emails connected to this phone! Do I have to reset it AGAIN??

Going online to the AT&T site doesn't help. It didn't recognize the password it just set up for me half an hour ago!!!!!!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Phone's going back to the store. I took it to an authorized AT&T dealer who couldn't fix the problem. He said it's locked, it shouldn't be doing that, return it then come back here and buy a phone.

*sigh*
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That sucks x.x Better to find out now that the phone is defective, than a year or two down the line once it's out of warranty, I suppose...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X