This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change this price!

This was from a well know SC in my store. We mark down yesterdays breads, cookies, etc to 50% off regular price.

The SC comes up to the counter and thrusts bread at me...
    SC: Change this!
    Me: *checks date* Ma'am, this bread is still good until tomorrow.
    SC: So?
    Me: We mark it down of one day past the sell-by date.
    SC: Well I want it marked down today.
    Me: I can't do that.

This goes on for a few minutes before the SC stomps off. About 10 minutes later another dept calls me and says they Have a SC who need a bread marked down. I ask for the customer desc. They tall me. It is the same SC. I say send the SC over.

SC: This price is wrrroooooooooooong!
    Me: Ma'am, as I have said before, the price is correct. Tomorrow it will be marked down.
    SC: ......
    Me: ......
    SC: This is horrible service! The worst I have ever had! *tosses bread behind her* you know you are worthless. *starts to slowledy walk off*
    Me: Have a good day ma'am. Enjoy the lovely weather outside!
    SC: *Turns around give death glare, then punches paper dowel display ion end cap and stomps off to FE.*

She never complained and it has been over a week.

i love this site, so many people I can relate with

seriously what is wrong with people? where do people learn how to act like this

on a more positive note about bread prices one time a customer found some english muffins that were marked 3 for 57. not 57 cents, not 5.70, just 57. so we gave him 3 for 19 cents each. it's a store policy. he was laughing about it, not an SC by any means, it was pretty funny.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      SC: you know you are worthless
      "Takes one to know one, ma'am."

Comment

Quoth joetheman View Post
        seriously what is wrong with people? where do people learn how to act like this
        Usually it's spineless managers who give in for stupid reasons. The logic goes that their wage is more than the cost of arguing about the goods. However, that does teach the lesson that the manager gave in very easily, and more will try it.

If more managers dealt with ridiculous claims by just saying 'no' in a tone that brooked no nonsense and then walking away, the situation would be much improved.

Rapscallion

Comment

where do people learn how to act like this
          Very early on in life.

These personality types generally weren't properly disciplined as a child, and were always given what they desire.
          This is due to a parent's logic that if giving in to a child's demands will quiet them or otherwise satiate their desires for the moment, it is easier than actually attempting to instill any long-term lessons of responsibility or enact any sort of discipline.
          In short, they don't have to listen to the child whine and throw a temper-tantrum.
          But at what cost?

Kids aren't dumb and if they have a spineless parent, they know that all they need to do is stomp their feet, scream at the top of their lungs, and they will get what they want.
          When the parent caves, the child comes to expect that behavior... in essence, the child trains the parent.
          These children then grow up to expect the same response as an adult.

Sadly, this type of behavior is reinforced by the spineless manager, when he caves and gives into any and all customer demands. These yellow-bellied bosses think it's easier to just give in than it is to "argue" with the almighty customer.

Heaven forbid the day that someone with a backbone actually tells the almighty customer, "NO."
          That is when you experience a situation similar to the one described by the OP.
          "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            Me: Have a good day ma'am. Enjoy the lovely weather outside!
            The least you could have done was offer to let him eat cake.
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              SC: you know you are worthless.
              "No, madam. As I told you, the mark down happens tommorrow. Today I am half-price."
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                The least you could have done was offer to let him eat cake.
                Did someone say cake?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                  "No, madam. As I told you, the mark down happens tommorrow. Today I am half-price."

I am amused.

Comment

on a more positive note about bread prices one time a customer found some english muffins that were marked 3 for 57. not 57 cents, not 5.70, just 57. so we gave him 3 for 19 cents each. it's a store policy. he was laughing about it, not an SC by any means, it was pretty funny.
                    That reminds me, at a place I once worked at we had cans of Coke with a sign reading "88 pack $88.88" (one of those ones where you were supposed to black out the relevant parts of the 8s to make other numbers).

SC: "Where's my 88 pack of Coke?"
                    co-worker: "OK, you can have 88 cans for $88.88 if you want. But the other sign says 12 for $9.99."

Didn't take him long to realise that 88 for $88.88 is $1.01 per can while 12 for $9.99 is just over 83 cents per can.

Comment

I'm glad we don't mark our stuff down anymore. It's all given to the food bank. I would like to think it's because of selfish rotten people like this lady ruining it for everyone else. But, the company probably gets more money writing off the donation or something.
                      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

my store discounts everything in the hot case to 50% 30 minutes before the deli closes, but the bread is sold quick enough they don't have to

I haven't experienced any markdown suck yet, luckily

Comment

My favorite markdown was four 6-packs of diet Dr. Pepper. One 6-pack = $1. Buy 1 6-pack, get 3 free.

Best soda ever. Wasn't even expired.
                          NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                            SC: you know you are worthless.
                            I would beg to differ....
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
                              I'm glad we don't mark our stuff down anymore. It's all given to the food bank. I would like to think it's because of selfish rotten people like this lady ruining it for everyone else. But, the company probably gets more money writing off the donation or something.
                              Very likely the case, the organization can claim the price they paid for the merchandise in most cases.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X