Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of "Closed" do you not understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of "Closed" do you not understand?

You'll love this. You remember that I'm shut down, right?

Phone conversation: The players

Me: The loverly Evil Queen.
    SC: Stupid Caller

Me: <hotel name> How can I help you?
    SC: ......(silence).....
    Me: ....Hello? <hotel> How can I help you?
    SC: .............
    Me: ....<ho->
    SC: Is this <hotel>?
    Me: Yes Ma'am, this is <hotel>, how can I help you?
    SC: I would like to make a reservation.
    Me: I'm sorry Ma'am, we're currently closed for renovations.
    SC: So you're not taking Reservations?
    Me: No Ma'am, we're closed.
    SC: I'm coming down to Houston and will be there tomorrow, do you have any rooms?
    Me: ( ) No Ma'am, we don't have any rooms. We're closed for renovations.
    SC: No reservations?
    Me: No. (getting a little testy here)
    SC: I'll be there tomorrow, will you have availability tomorrow?
    Me: (Is this a Joke?!) No Ma'am, we're closed. We don't have ANY rooms.
    SC: ....But what about tomorrow?
    Me: ( ) No rooms are available, we're closed.
    SC: I'll call back tomorrow. *click*

Are you freaking stupid?! What does "Closed for Renovations" mean to you, ya stupid cow?! We have NO rooms available! The Drywall is GONE! The Carpet is GONE! The Furniture is MOSTLY GONE because it was ruined!

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

So it won't be finished by tomorrow?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BookstoreEscapee beat me to the witticism. <sulk>

Oi, what an idjit that woman was, EQ. I'm curious to see if she does call tomorrow, and my mind wanders off on all sorts of fun ways to torment her stupidity.

Comment

"What part of "Closed" do you not understand?"

It must be the "Cd", because she sure understood the "lose".

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          I'm curious to see if she does call tomorrow
          You'll know about it; I'm working a 10 hour shift tomorrow. Trust me, you guys will know.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Why are they having you answer the phone if you're closed? Wouldn't a recorded message along the lines of "Thank you for calling _____Hotel. We are closed for renovations, and will re-open on such-and-such date" be a better idea?

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Me: No Ma'am, we don't have any rooms. We're closed for renovations.
              SC: No reservations?
              Me: No. (getting a little testy here)
              SC: I'll be there tomorrow, will you have availability tomorrow?
              Me: (Is this a Joke?!) No Ma'am, we're closed. We don't have ANY rooms.
              SC: ....But what about tomorrow?
              Me: No rooms are available, we're closed.
              SC: I'll call back tomorrow. *click*
              Oh, now, you know that she KNOWS there will be rooms available for her tomorrow if she calls back. She may need to speak with the manager to have him/her open up those secret rooms every hotel has to offer to "special" customers (SC's) whenever the regular rooms are not available, but she knows you are just someone who is stupid/lazy and either does not have the ability to understand that she is asking about rooms for tomorrow or you just do not want to help her.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

What part of "Closed" do you not understand?
                there are times when you might as well say it to them. maybe then they'll figure it out.

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                  Why are they having you answer the phone if you're closed? Wouldn't a recorded message along the lines of "Thank you for calling _____Hotel. We are closed for renovations, and will re-open on such-and-such date" be a better idea?
                  Because they're idiots? Because they think that if they lay me and my supervisor off, we'll both get better jobs and will refuse to come back?

Though, honestly, it's so we can keep an eye on the construction crew so they don't walk off with one of our TVs or guest computers.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen
                    Geez, why is it whenever I see that smiley, it looks like one is giving the other favors?

On topic:
                    Is the hotel closed because of the Hurricane that just passed through? Big damage to the infrastructure?
                    Just curious.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Geez, why is it whenever I see that smiley, it looks like one is giving the other favors?

On topic:
                      Is the hotel closed because of the Hurricane that just passed through? Big damage to the infrastructure?
                      Just curious.

You just ruined the huggy smiley for me forever.

And yeah, Ike broke her hotel (as per another thread).
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Damn, some people are just "special".....and not the good special either.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          Just curious.
                          Not to the infrastructure, but it did a doosy on my walls and such; parts of the roof got damaged and the water from the rain did the rest.

Comment

my boyfriend was just in Houston, there are lots of damaged hotels, there are lots of ok hotels, why on earth call one of the damaged ones over and over again. *give EQ a stun gun and a box of cookies*

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                              Well sure, for normal people.

But SCs don't seem to be able to either hear or understand recorded messages.

And so, a real live person to make the attempt to batter through a wall of ignorance. Besides, it might be a legit call, somebody looking for a reservation some months in the future, or just some general information.
                              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X