Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I wrong, or is my sister being a raving bitch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoonCat, obviously being her brother, it's hard for me to step back and look at her objectively to psychoanalyze her, but I'm not sure that that's the case--and here's why. With her boyfriend, she seems genuinely happy, and as far as I can tell, between what I hear and see on facebook and, more importantly to me, what I saw in person in Phoenix, her grumpiness is not directed at HIM. It seemed to be more directed at US, i.e., her family. I say this because it seemed all the hostility was directed at us; not at her boyfriend, not at our older sister's boyfriend, not at my friend Cat, and not at our stepsister's husband and son. Primarily it was at me and The Witch, and to a lesser degree, at Stepdad and Mom.

So something's going on, for sure....but what it is, I can't say. I just don't think it's what you suggested. At least, if it is, I can't see it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, has she ever gotten help over the loss of your alls Dad? Cause it sounds like to me that she resents the rest of you for moving on and she hasn't fully.
      Last edited by Aethian; 06-05-2012, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I think in the end, the answer the question I posed in the title of this thread is: both.

I was wrong, and she is being a raving bitch.
        I was going to make a longer post - mainly adding my voice to Ree's - but I think you've summed it up pretty well here already.

The problem is: you can't really "take back" a faux pas. Once it's out there, it's out there; words can never be unsaid, and all that. Still, she could've reacted a bit more... mellow. Then again, without knowing your history, neither of us here should pass judgement.
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Hmm, Aethian could be right. Whatever's going on, I hope she gets past it and stops sniping at you.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            Jester, has she ever gotten help over the loss of your alls Dad? Cause it sounds like to me that she resents the rest of you for moving on and she hasn't fully.
            As far as I know, she's never gotten counseling. I don't know, however, if she resents us for moving on so much as she resents the fact that Daddy's Little Girl lost her daddy. (This is not mocking her in any way...that was Dad's phrase for her, to the point where she even had a t-shirt or to to that effect that our parents bought her. And she took that title rather seriously....)

Quoth Canarr View Post
            Then again, without knowing your history, neither of us here should pass judgement.
            Well, when I put it out there and ask for people's opinion (i.e., judgement), I can't really say that no one here should pass judgement.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X