This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work legalities

i need to talk to my husband again but he wanted me to post for him here. we live in louisiana. trying to find work laws for this state and if its an at will work state.

he has been at his job on the maintenance team at mart of wal for almost 6 years now. and apparently they officially made him lead three years ago yet did not tell him.

is he owed back pay for that as being made lead involves a pay increase. (i think he did get it but it was instituted when he got his review)

and now his boss is being moved to day shift asap which leaves him in charge now meaning he will be supervisor. not sure if he wants it or not and his complaint is that they hired a new person that has 19 years of experience doing what hubs does. is this fair?

my thought is that the new guy was hired BECAUSE of his experience and BECAUSE he knows what to do he would be better suited for the job of maintenance supervisor as he hasn't made clear if he wants to new position or not

I don't think he should as it would stress him out worse than anything

As usual, IANAL, but I did find this online:
    http://legis.la.gov/lss/lss.asp?doc=109812

"Art. 2747. Contract of servant terminable at will of parties.

A man is at liberty to dismiss a hired servant attached to his person or family, without assigning any reason for so doing. The servant is also free to depart without assigning any cause."

Past that, I couldn't say.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'd suggest talking to the labor board.
      Even though you're in a will-to-work state you'll still have the board and they may be able to clarify things for you.

Comment

thank you for the help
        keeping in mind this is husbands particular walmart. unless he got caught stealing or heh stole the manager's lunch he won't get fired as several employees have gotten away with many violations and at worst they got a coaching. (coaching is when they go in with the manager that called them on it and another person to learn the correct way blah blah)

then they get what is called a d-day which they are sent home paid to figure out are you going to shape up or are you gone. and rarely do some reach that far.

the worst that happened was a manager was fired for trying to steal money

talked to hubs and he was more upset the other guy was being put in the position he could of had. and it turns out he doesn't want the responsibility but the whole why is this new guy being put first. i had to tell him because the managers KNOW you don't want this responsibility and are trying to get someone with experience so you don't have too. he just needed time to chill out but we are going to figure out if because he was made an official lead he is owed back pay or not

for his crew it goes like this. Maintenance team member, lead, maintenance manager, floor manager, assistant manager, store manager. this does not count for other sectors.

Comment

Working...
        X