X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Annoyed-Rant

Seriously, pissed off to no end.

I thought everything was peachy keen in the apartment world. I got the stove I needed, got a microwave, got a bed, started packing. Woo! I'm so ready for the first. Then, the bombshell drops.

First off, I found out that the apartment may not be ready by the first due to the renovations to the kitchen. The reason this sucks is because I took off the first to move. The PTO situation can be fixed, I can just come into work anyways. However, the estimated date that the place is going to be ready is the weekend of the Special Olympics State Games. So, I will either have to take a Monday off or some random day in the week. I planned on moving in on Friday and using Saturday and Sunday to unpack and clean. Ugh.

Second, even though the apartment came with a fridge, we got a free one, so we brought it over. Turns out that our fridge didn't fit. The one that was in the apartment...was put outside and anyone who lives up here knows that it's been raining. Care to take a guess what happened to the fridge that fit?

Yeah, I'm not happy.

Arrrrgh. I don't have any advice. Wish I did.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If the lease or other paperwork says the apartment normally comes with a fridge, you may be able to convince them to put one in, unless you signed something saying you would provide your own (check with a legal aid to see if you can force the issue). Them putting that one outside to be ruined should have nothing at all to do with you, it was their stupid decission.

Other suggestion, put the fridge anywhere you can, even in a bedroom for now, list it in the paper & Craigs List and so forth, sell it and find a smaller one used. You might even be able to find, via ads, someone to swap - a lot of people would jump at the chance to swap a smaller for a larger fridge.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        If the lease or other paperwork says the apartment normally comes with a fridge, you may be able to convince them to put one in, unless you signed something saying you would provide your own (check with a legal aid to see if you can force the issue). Them putting that one outside to be ruined should have nothing at all to do with you, it was their stupid decission.

Other suggestion, put the fridge anywhere you can, even in a bedroom for now, list it in the paper & Craigs List and so forth, sell it and find a smaller one used. You might even be able to find, via ads, someone to swap - a lot of people would jump at the chance to swap a smaller for a larger fridge.
        I second this, before we moved to our new house we had to buy a new fridge 'cause the old one was failing fast. We didn't want to put the new one upstairs where we lived, only to have to haul it downstairs again in a month, so we put it in the lower flat (which was vacant but still had power), in the little room off the kitchen that was kind of a breezeway between the kitchen and dining room. Didn't have to deal with stairs or taking doors off hinges.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

UPDATE:

So much good news today, I could cry! I found out we can now move in on Friday!!! We toured through the house yesterday and it's worth the wait. New fixtures in all the rooms, new paint in all the rooms, a WHOLE new kitchen. -drools- I've started to get everything switched over to the new address (including all 13 of my adjuster's licenses XD). I checked my bank account and I went :O I have enough to cover the deposit, table and chairs AND the new fridge that we have to get due to contractor stupidity.

In other good news, my laptop is now repaired and I can pick it up today AND I found out that the restraining order that the court filed against one of my family members (long boring story and stupid) is moot because someone never actually filed it.

I really think I may just burst from all this awesomeness

Comment

Woo Hoo WoodenSunshine! So glad things are looking up for you!

Comment

Oh that's great!

*does happy dance, if a bit awkwardly*

We'll all be round for the housewarming.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

You're all invited! So long as your willing to come to New England lol

Comment

Fantastic! I do hope your run of good luck continues
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                  X