This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for scaring the life outta me

Ok, so a couple of days ago, hubby's family had a reunion, and with my current illness, I could not attend. So, he took the girls and went up to it, while I stayed home alone. Should be a cinch, right?

ehehehehehehe

So around 1 am, was putting in a load of laundry, when I hear a LOUD bang. I thought something either hit the house, something big fell, or someone got in. Freaked out, I check the house thoroughly....nothing. Ok, weird.

Later, I'm IMing my husband, asking how things are going, how was the trip, and I told him I'd be right back, I'm gonna go check downstairs on the laundry. As I go into the hallway, I notice our living room is LIT UP. In blue. Flashing blue. And red. WTF.

Outside my house are several police cars, and a TON of people just swarming the area.

Yeaaaah, I'm panicking at this point.

I dash back and tell hubby, who is like STAY INSIDE DON'T BE AN IDIOT, and I'm like WHY NOW WHYYYYYYY. I ended up calling my mom, who grabbed a friend and rushed on over. When they arrive, mom's friend looks over, says "oh hey, I know all of those people!" and walks on over to see what's up.

Turns out some drunken woman (who was loudly proclaiming in a slurred voice "I FELL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, THATS ALL!") was going down our street at an "extremely high rate of speed". She then drove into our next door neighbor's yard, crashed into their car, and then careened off of it and drove into the OTHER neighbor's yard and destroyed their car too. I'm not too clear on this, but they said there was a third car damaged in the process, whether she continued and hit it, or hit someone else's car in the driveway...not sure.

Absolutely insane, and it figures that nothing happens around here until the one single night my husband stays away from home, LOL.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Seraph, dear, we all know that you're a weirdness magnet. You really don't need to keep demonstrating it for us.

At least nobody was hurt.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      Seraph, dear, we all know that you're a weirdness magnet. You really don't need to keep demonstrating it for us.

At least nobody was hurt.
      ;_;

And yep, even she was uninjured. Destroyed two cars though, plus hers. She'd just gotten out of jail last week apparently, so she'll be going right back in. -.-

Comment

A couple of hills and curves on my street right near the house. Nothing like lying in bed at night and hearing the squealing of the tires. If you hear the crunch, jump up, put on clothes, grab a phone and run outside. I have lost track of the number of cars...
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

There was something on the news teaser earlier about someone driving through a house (and they emphasized the through part). I was about to ask where you were before I got to the end
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Glad you're okay, Seraph. That would have freaked me out somewhat, too.

Some drunken lady in a nearby town once drove down a street and banged into at least six parked cars. She was so hammered she didn't even know why the cops were stopping her.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
              ;_;

And yep, even she was uninjured. Destroyed two cars though, plus hers. She'd just gotten out of jail last week apparently, so she'll be going right back in. -.-
              makes me think of ok if you JUST got out of jail, WTF are you acting like you want back in SO BADLY? wtf woman? i don't get it. its "hey i just got outta jail lemme get drunk again!" jebus
              many hugs and comforts to ya seraph even though its already over

Comment

That is just as bad as a story I posted about 6 weeks ago in the Road Kill forum

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=88551
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

*hugs Seraph*

You mean you had the weekend off from the kids and you did laundry?! for shame woman!

j/k
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Wow. That's just... wow.

I've never had anything quite that bad happen, but the fence next to my house seems to be a magnet for family arguments and drunken shouting. Almost every summer, at least half a dozen times I have to yell out my bedroom window, "Go away! We're trying to sleep!"

The worst incident I remember was a young couple who parked next to the fence, then got out to argue on our sidewalk. I don't know who was driving, but they were fighting over the keys. I called the police when the guy took a swing at the girl. (I don't think he connected, though.) When the officer arrived, she was sitting on the sidewalk, sobbing. He had to drive her around to find her boyfriend and retrieve her keys.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      There was something on the news teaser earlier about someone driving through a house (and they emphasized the through part). I was about to ask where you were before I got to the end
                      A few years ago, someone imbedded their SUV sideways, and about four feet off the ground, in someone's front porch near my house.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Allow me to amend Seraph's kenning.

Seraph, Enemy of Normalcy. </DOOM>
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Last fall there was a nice rash of cars driving into building in my city. 15 in 30 days. The majority of them happening in broad daylight.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
                            Last fall there was a nice rash of cars driving into building in my city. 15 in 30 days. The majority of them happening in broad daylight.
                            Sounds like your city needs to turn the magnets off.
                            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                              *hugs Seraph*

You mean you had the weekend off from the kids and you did laundry?! for shame woman!

j/k
                              Clarification: I had the weekend off from the kids, am sick with mono and sinusitis, and I cleaned the entire house. I'm an idiot.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Allow me to amend Seraph's kenning.

Seraph, Enemy of Normalcy. </DOOM>
                              I just wanna be friiiiieeeeends

Comment

Working...
                              X