This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thoughts needed

Looks like it's my turn to ask for some good thoughts. I found out this evening that my friend's cousin was just in a serious auto accident. Apparently another car overturned and went off an overpass, landing on his car.

The last I heard was that he was still in surgery, but was expected to live. Past that, I haven't heard anything. I'll be down in that neck of the woods on Saturday, so I'll probably find out more then.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Please keep us updated. He's lucky to be alive!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Prayers and good thoughts heading his way.

Comment

Good thoughts heading his way.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Wow. That IS out of the blue. Am sending thoughts and hope.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Will be praying for them, keep us updated.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Despite seeing my friend briefly over the weekend, I still don't have much in the way of details. Haven't been able to find any news reports for the accident, either... However, the cousin did make it through surgery ok and is breathing on his own. So at least there is some good news.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm sending good thoughts his way. Sounds like what happened to my best friend on the day of her graduation party. Only she's so short she slide under the steering wheel and it conked her in the head. She needed stitches and had glass slivers coming out of her skin for months. Sounds like your friend's cousin had a rougher time of it.

Comment

Akasa, he did. And it's going to be a long road for recovery.

I spoke to my friend and got some more details. Apparently a driver lost control of his car, hit the divider between the East- and West-bound lanes on the highway, and flipped, landing on cousin's car, upside down. Rescue crews had to cut him out of the car through the roof.

He suffered a concussion, bleeding on the brain (thankfully stopped and no danger from it now), broken femur, tibia and patella (all one leg) and every (and I do mean EVERY) rib is completely broken. On the good new side, while he's still in the trauma center, he's awake, coherent (mostly when not on pain meds) and was up and walking a bit today.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Broken ribs aren't ..just...ow. Let's all hope that the leg bones are easy clean snaps, not ones that have little bone chips. (hey, all broken bones hurt, but there are some ok ones and bad ones).
                    No internal bleeding? Wow, lucky! Sending good thoughts to him.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Sending good thoughts.

Comment

Sending up a prayer. I'm tearing up at the description.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                        X