Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All great suggestions here and nothing I can add food wise but for the love of all things Holy, DO NOT SUCK ANYTHING!!!! (and get your minds out of the gutter)

I'm serious - don't suck on a straw or suck a drink from a water bottle etc - you run the risk of the suction dislodging the clots that form and getting what's called dry socket, where the nerves get exposed and let me tell you from experience, the pain is excruciating.

Just a headsup.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

After I had several root canals done at the same time, I found that steamed salmon is a good sort of "solid" food that is easy to chew when one is tired of soup and different sorts of mashed vegetables.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I've been on a chocolate smoothie kick and you might like it. You just need ripe bananas, peanut butter, almond milk (or milk, I make mine vegan) and cocoa powder. It's high protein, you get a chocolate fix, and the only sweetener is the bananas. Sooo good and sweet. It's best if you freeze the bananas so you don't have to water it down with ice.

This has been said already, but I repeat NO STRAWS!!! Nobody told me that when I had my wisdom teeth removed - all 4 of them - and I had dry sockets.
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I had two teeth removed last October. The day after I was able to eat semi-solid food. I even dunked some cookies into coffee to soften them up and ate those.

Soup is good, yogurt, pudding, anything soft and not too hot or too cold.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love tomato soup. It was all I wanted, so to get some bulk, I took my crackers, and broke them into it, and then let it sit till it was cool enough to eat. Wonderfulness, with the added benefit of semi solid food.

Comment

Noodles...pasta or Chinese Lo Mein or some Ramen noodles.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Whiz-dumb

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once, too. My pain meds made me violently sick as I curled up fetally on the floor in my walk-in closet , unable to deal with any form of light without pain, and clutching my old air force duffel bag as a pillow while slowly leaking bloody drool in the darkness. Fun! All I could endure for nutriton were almost out-of-date quart cans of Borden's egg nog from mom's dusty pantry. I think I ended up losing about 15 pounds. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                X