Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZW's Short Adventures In Wally World! (language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZW's Short Adventures In Wally World! (language)

(Before I start, the 'W' is due to a discovery I stumbled onto. The letter Omega in the Greek alphabet evolved into the letter W over time. Didn't even know that until a couple of days ago...)

My bootlaces have had it. I didn't have a choice but to run down to Walton's Mart and get a new set. Got it, a couple 2L bottles of the store-brand zero calorie cola, and walked up to the self-checkout.

I don't know how they're labeled, so I'll just throw in some hastily-done ASCII art to show what the setup was.

+---+---+ Closest to Exits
    | X | Z |
    +---+---+
    | O | X |
    +---+---+ Closest to Aisles

Z was the one I was waiting for. O was the other one, and the X's were the ones that were turned off.

No Miracles Today, Kid

There was one older couple ahead of me scanning their items, and a younger couple behind me at the self-checkout that was turned off. As much as I'd like to think the school systems may just be having an off year, I highly doubt it. Once can hope.

SC1 (the guy): Ey, maybe we should scan it anyway. The screen could just be turned off.
    (SC2 (the girl) scans one of the items. No response.)
    (SC1 tries the item himself and no response.)
    SC1: I think it's broken.

Thankfully, the moment I scanned my last item, they stood behind me and loaded their stuff onto the belt while I paid for my stuff.

Aw, Let Her Get Run Over. She'll Learn.

As soon as I get back to the car, my girlfriend points out a father and elementary-school age daughter walking towards the store, and the truck that just finished pulling out of its spot. She tells me the daughter apparently fell down behind the truck as it was pulling out, and instead of her father picking her up, he just... lets her lie down on the ground. Doesn't even flag the truck's driver to stop or anything. The driver stops anyway.

The kid's unhurt as far as I could tell, but still, that's a shitty thing to do to a child. I don't know if the guy had a bad childhood, but I'll bet you folks anything that the second something does happen to the kid, he'll start blaming everyone but himself. Oh, well. I believe in karma...

And that's it. I wish there were more stories, but... wait, no, I don't. Those are gonna come over the next two nights; just watch.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
    No Miracles Today, Kid
    Reminds me of when I was at the self checkouts yesterday.

There was a couple trying to operate them who between them had enough braincells to either think or remember to breathe, but not both. Let's face it, if a wristwatch is something you regard as complicated technology, then maybe you ought to go to the assisted lanes?

Just saying.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post

SC1 (the guy): Ey, maybe we should scan it anyway. The screen could just be turned off.
      (SC2 (the girl) scans one of the items. No response.)
      (SC1 tries the item himself and no response.)
      SC1: I think it's broken.
      I was in a motel in 1996 and put the TV on. The program that came up was Beavis and Butthead, which I'd heard of but never watched, never having lived anywhere that cable TV was installed, so I watched it for a few minutes. The two of them were sitting on the couch watching TV, and all of a sudden the lights and the TV go out. Then a truck drives by outside with a megaphone blaring "There is a blackout! Stay in your homes!" The following ensued:

Beavis: " . . . The TV's busted."
      Butthead: (picks up remote, points it at the TV and pushes the button with no result)
      Butthead: "The clicker's busted too."

A couple more minutes of this, and I got fed up with the stupidity and shut the damn thing off again. Now I wouldn't have thought that there were people that dumb in real life, but per your post, apparently there are...

Comment

Working...
      X