Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Noises, Parties and Cops (Long and Epic Sorry!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth freeatlast View Post
    she told me she is on all kind of pain medication and can't drive and I should take her to Wal Mart sometime...
    My coworker has this obnoxious OCD pain med induced THING happening too.

I hate it.

HATE.

My mum's condo is pretty good for noise, the walls are thin between units but really my mum and sister are the ones who disturb me the most. There was a dog that wined and howled lateish but it stopped shortly after I started howling back.
    *Ring* *Ring*
    M: *Workplace Name*, Ryan speaking.
    C: Hello Peter, is Ryan there?
    M: This is Ryan.

Comment

Can't verify this story, cuz it came from a friend about a workmate of hers; but it makes for a good story anyway.

Apparently, the workmate and others in their flat complex were being kept awake every night by the sound of someone running up and down the stairs every night. Numorous complaints were made, and eventually the landlord investigated... only to find that there wasn't anyone making the noise. O_o The workmate was freaked out at the idea of a ghost running up and down the stairs and made sure that she moved out as soon as possible.

As for noisy neighbours, my only problem was with the people down the road and their screeching kids. They've since managed to put a lid on it after complaints from residents.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Summer is now in full swing, and the weather is getting hot, so windows are being left open at night, which is reminding me that they guy that lives across the alley from me likes to have his TV on all freaking night with the volume up watching really cheesy 60s and 70s horror and noir detective shows. Way too much bad mood music and screaming for 3am... >.<
        How about one of the myriad versions of "Law & Order" at 3am. But it sounds like it's in your bathroom because the yahoo behind you has his TV up so damned loud. I still can't imagine what it sounded like in his place if it was that loud in mine.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Can't verify this story, cuz it came from a friend about a workmate of hers; but it makes for a good story anyway.

Apparently, the workmate and others in their flat complex were being kept awake every night by the sound of someone running up and down the stairs every night. Numorous complaints were made, and eventually the landlord investigated... only to find that there wasn't anyone making the noise. O_o The workmate was freaked out at the idea of a ghost running up and down the stairs and made sure that she moved out as soon as possible.

As for noisy neighbours, my only problem was with the people down the road and their screeching kids. They've since managed to put a lid on it after complaints from residents.
          Creepy, but there is a possible non-paranormal explanation.

We had a similar experience at my parent's house. We'd hear something walking/running up and down our stairs, even though no one was there. I could stand at the top of the stairwell, and hear each step creak, creak, creak, and get closer and closer, and no one would be there. It was pretty creepy. Well, at first.

My mom, the ever rational and investigative person, looked into it. She explained it something like this. Our house and our neighbor's house had their foundations on the same bedrock, which made vibrations from their house travel into our house, and vice versa.

So, whenever my neighbor walked up his stairs, it would sound in our house like someone walking up our stairs. And when we walked up and down our stairs, it would sound to him like someone going up and down his stairs. We did a couple of experiments with our neighbor to confirm this.

Of course, even when we knew what was going on, when I was home alone watching a scary movie, and my neighbor decided to go upstairs...it was still pretty creepy!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
            Managers told my friends that since the same neighbors had half-a million complaints about their last two upstairs neighbors also, the apartment was mostly ignoring them. Apparently the neighbors were only happy when the apartment above them was empty.
            That's part of the reason I like the fact that we're the upstairs neighbors. We're both stealthy movers (we like to sneak up on our cats), and we don't have to put up with idiots above us or outside our window, except for the fact that any noise from either of the buildings on the alleyway bounces back and forth across its entire length. >.<

Also, people usually prefer ground units, so we often don't even have neighbors.
            Quoth boxxertrumps View Post
            There was a dog that wined and howled lateish but it stopped shortly after I started howling back.
            There was a couple with a big dog in one of the apartments around the corner (inside corner, so we could see their door from ours) that would go out partying every weekend. Every night they went out, the dog would whine and howl the entire time until they got back.
            Quoth Pagan View Post
            How about one of the myriad versions of "Law & Order" at 3am. But it sounds like it's in your bathroom because the yahoo behind you has his TV up so damned loud.
            I'd complain about my yahoo, but I know that you can't hear anything from the alleyway, and it's not quite annoying enough to actually keep me awake.

When the people downstairs were drying out their carpet after some incident and their fan was causing the vertical blinds to smack into the window in an annoyingly repetitive but slightly out of rhythm manner, however, I had to go out and confirm what the hell was making the racket, and that it could be identified from outside.

I'd actually called security before Identifying it, so when they showed up I was able to explain what was happening and why it was so terrible for me when they could barely hear it.

I'm actually surprised they didn't manage to damage the window or the blinds with the force the blinds were hitting the glass.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Also, people usually prefer ground units, so we often don't even have neighbors.
              I prefer the ground level. But mainly because I know what a klutz I am and would not wish myself on people!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X