Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am astonished by your first two stories!! What creeps!! In the second, even if you were a teenager..what was it to them?

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
      He called back a couple of days ago and said because I came forward, the other 3 girls were willing to come forward. Court date is in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens from there.
      Good for you!

There are too many of these assholes that get off without any consequences because so many people aren't willing to take the time to make the charges stick.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
        Update: Got a call no too long ago from the police department, asking if I wanted to press charges on the buff dude. He told me he already has 2 other assault chargers and a domestic assault charge as well. If I pressed charges, that would be enough to send him to jail for a LONG time. So of course, I said I would. Man did that police officer sound relieved. Apparently, he had these charges, but none of them wanted to go to court along with not having enough evidence for the domestic charge. He called back a couple of days ago and said because I came forward, the other 3 girls were willing to come forward. Court date is in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens from there.
        Thank you so much for doing that.

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        Everytime I hear or see New Moon, I think of the Duran Duran Song - New Moon on Monday.
        It makes me think I'm overdue for a ritual.
        Last edited by iradney; 06-16-2010, 08:57 AM.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
          Update: Got a call no too long ago from the police department, asking if I wanted to press charges on the buff dude. He told me he already has 2 other assault chargers and a domestic assault charge as well. If I pressed charges, that would be enough to send him to jail for a LONG time. So of course, I said I would. Man did that police officer sound relieved. Apparently, he had these charges, but none of them wanted to go to court along with not having enough evidence for the domestic charge. He called back a couple of days ago and said because I came forward, the other 3 girls were willing to come forward. Court date is in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens from there.
          Good. People like that need to learn about consequences. go you.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X