Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Noises, Parties and Cops (Long and Epic Sorry!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Noises, Parties and Cops (Long and Epic Sorry!)

Hey all, I need to get this off my chest so bear with me please and I apologize for the length in advance.

/bg/ Normally, my apartment complex is very quiet at all times of the day, mainly because we have many grow adults with children or adults who work nights. My fiancee and I may be the only ones under 25 living here, until recently that is. /end bg/

My downstairs neighbors are very loud and inconsiderate, they yell, they slam doors, they play music at unacceptable volumes at all times of the day, but Saturday just took the cake.

Saturday night my downstairs neighbors decided to throw a party, doesn't sound sucky yet does it? Well it started at....midnight....on a saturday night....in a building full of people with small children who are probably going to church in the morning or who have to work early the next day. Brilliant time for a party right?! /sarcasm/

Around 1 am they started to stand and sit on the stairway that echoes horribly and talk about very inappropriate topics and state their drunkenness at loud volumes, so I, being a very cranky kid at that point. Politely went outside and asked them to please keep the volume down as I needed to be up the next day for work. I was assured that they would be quieter and they apologized for disturbing me. This is where the story should end, but if it did I wouldn't be here, would I?

Not 30 minutes later they started to be even louder! By then I was not feeling very nice so I called the police and asked for them to come by and ask them to keep it down and to keep me anonymous . 15 minutes later the cops arrive and my SO and I hear protestations of how their treatment isn't fair and the cops should just go away.

Apparently there was some underage drinking going on and some smoking of recreational drugs! So parents were called, booze was emptied out and thrown away and all the partiers were written citations for possession. All was finally quiet, till the next day when all we heard was yelling and slamming of doors.

I have had enough and have notified my building managers of the situation and how the neighbors are terribly inconsiderate and need to be talked to, they took my complaint down and assured me the offending neighbors would be spoken to. I hope this is the end of the terrible neighbors, but I feel that it won't end until they are either evicted or move voluntarily.

I feel for you.

I won't go into extreme details about my idiot neighbors, mostly because everyone's heard it a million times and what they do is during the day/early evening and only disturbs me because that's when I, the backwards night shift girl, sleep.

My coworker Michelle got some new neighbors recently who are some real charmers. Always bumping loud music. All day, all night. She has a day shift room mate who deals with their loud music all night while she deals with them all day while she tries to sleep. She has not been sleeping well at all since they moved in. They are also loud when they are outside smoking and are always slamming doors and stomping around.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If your neighbors keep that up they will eventually get evicted. Hopefully more people called the office to complain.

I had one neighbor that had a loud party almost every weekend. Their patio faced my bedroom window and they would bring the speakers outside and play music until 3am. I would call security on them and after many complaints they finally got kicked out. They had a 2 year old daughter and a newborn baby

I am all for a party and if it gets a little late no problem. But once you get louder and turn that music up past a certain time then I get annoyed.

Comment

Quoth misslittlebunny View Post
        I hope this is the end of the terrible neighbors, but I feel that it won't end until they are either evicted or move voluntarily.
        Good luck. Being military & moving so often, we were renters for decades, and lived in our fair share of apartments. Problems with neighbors in such close quarters rarely end with working things out or everyone happy. I can only remember one incident over the years where things didnt' just escalate until the offending party (and the offending party is sometimes the complainer, sometimes the complained against) left one way or another.

The one time it didn't escalate was actually a neighbor complaining against us. A new couple moved into the apartment directly below us. These supposedly "luxury" apartments weren't built very well, and one of the main problems was that you entered the apartment into a tiny hallway, then directly into a large dining room - living room at back, kitchen off to the side, hall to bedrooms off the side at the back. So to go anywhere in the apartment, you were walking across that big dining room. And it hadn't been built with enough support. So walking across it, china in the cabinet, items on shelves, even the floor itself would rattle and shake.

So one night the new neighbors came up and complained about "our daghter running through the house" and making so much noise (she was 5). So I said "1st, she isn't allowed to run inside. 2nd, before either of us says anything else, would one of you go down and stand in your dining room while the other walks across mine?" They did that, and the one who had gone downstairs came up, looking totally amazed, quizing the other on did they just walk quietly, and after that the only complaints were about the bloody poor building work, LOL. Thre was just no way for anyone to walk across that dining room without sounding like a herd of elephants.

Oh, there was also the time (at a townhouse, a row of attached 2 story houses) that my next door neighbor commented on all the running up and down stairs and laughing at my daughter's slumber party the previous night (she was 12 then). Luckily, she was a friend, so I told her live with it, since it was mainly her 13 year old son they'd been talking and giggling about

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

The last apartment complex I lived in was mostly college students, but most were reasonably quiet. The problem tenants were a couple with a small child. They'd play their TV loud, and there would be strange banging on the floor that seemed too loud for their kid to be doing. They also had a pit bull (which, as it turns out, wasn't allowed in the complex), and would leave it in the bathroom when they were away. It would bark and howl for hours on end. But the real trouble started after they found out they were being evicted. They'd crank their stereo up as loud as it would go, then just leave for the weekend. Sometimes, it would be going for more than 24 hours straight. Calling the office was useless, since all we'd get was the after-hours service, and the police weren't going to break down the door for a noise complaint. I was never so gad to see anyone leave.

I absolutely do not miss having (or being) upstairs neighbors. I hope to never have them again.
          Random Doctor Who quote:
          "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
          I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

I own my home...For this i am FUCKIN ecstatic...

Comment

Way back in 1982 I had an apartment that was fairly solidly made, but as many apartments are, the unit above had the exact same layout that mine had. THe couple above were epic screamers, and loved to screw in what sounded like the bedroom closet. It got really annoying, so one day I taped them and set my speakers up in the bedroom aiming up and played it *real* loud. There was nothing but stunned silence, and they stopped being so loud after that
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

The apartment complex I live in is owned by my boyfriend's parents. I got this particular apartment because the previous tenants were EVICTED, and they didn't want to have to deal with interviewing people to see if they were sane and considerate, so they put quiet li'l me in here. My place's previous inhabitants were my age (21), had a 4-month-old child, and threw an absolute ROCKER the week they moved in. The complex has 6 buildings, 12 apts. per building. So there were 11 neighbors flipping their shiz, and even complaints from the other buildings. The bf and I had to talk to the cops, and help his parents clean up beer bottles. They were going to be evicted right away, but begged and pleaded "because of their child"... Whom I sincerely hope was not present during this party. So they were granted some time.... and two weeks later did the same thing! They finally got out of there, and I moved right in, and let me tell you - this apartment has been quiet ever since!

BUT, I then found out my next-door neighbors, who are 24 or 25 and have two kids, one 3 and one TWO MONTHS OLD, go out drinking every. Single. Friday and Saturday. The bf and I stay up really late, just watching tv or whatever, and many times have heard them stumbling home and up the stairs at 5 and 6 in the morning, loudly and drunkenly fighting. Like, besides the neighbours, like me, having to listen to your crap, what about your freakin' kids!? The woman across the hall is elderly, the woman below me is a resident doctor who needs her sleep, and there are no fewer than 4 other apartments with small children. Some people are ridiculously inconsiderate, so I can relate.
                "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Well, for most people (i.e., anyone not working weekends), Saturday night is a great time for a party. However, the polite thing would be to inform your neighbors that there's going to be a party, and it might get a bit loud, and would you like to come down and join us? Plus, of course, make sure that your guests keep it down in the hallways.
                  You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth vstorevigilante View Post
                    BUT, I then found out my next-door neighbors, who are 24 or 25 and have two kids, one 3 and one TWO MONTHS OLD, go out drinking every. Single. Friday and Saturday. The bf and I stay up really late, just watching tv or whatever, and many times have heard them stumbling home and up the stairs at 5 and 6 in the morning, loudly and drunkenly fighting.
                    Damn, that sounds *exactly* like the drunks that once lived next door. There was constant noise from that house. Usually, both parents were blitzed out of their minds, and would either be beating each other up, beating the children, or if they were really feeling frisky, destroying things in the house Every freaking night, they'd be screaming at each other, and yes, the cops were called to that house many times over the years. Eventually, most of us just tuned them out--if there was anything, it was "looks like Jack and Diane are fighting again" and left them to their own devices.

That went on for about 8 years. It stopped, after the husband (in a drunken stupor) decided it would be a good idea to 'fix' his garage door opener. I don't know the specifics, but whatever he was doing, actually made things worse. That is, the door somehow came down, and pinned him against the floor and since everyone ignored his screams for help...he spent the night on the garage floor

In fact, the wife actually got *upset* with the entire neighborhood, because nobody "had the decency" to help him. Our response? "Fuck you, bitch. Maybe if you wouldn't argue every fucking night, we wouldn't have tuned him out." Almost immediately after that, he got drunk at work, lost his job...and they had to move....and the nutjobs (who have the security cameras) moved in
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      "looks like Jack and Diane are fighting again"
                      "Little ditty, 'bout Jack and Dia-ane!
                      Two American kids doin' the best they can..."
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        "Little ditty, 'bout Jack and Dia-ane!
                        Two American kids doin' the best they can..."
                        EXACTLY what sprang to mind when I read that too

Totally off-topic, apparently John Cougar is coming to my province soon. My mother plans on camping out for tickets. I plan on joining her.
                        "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

Comment

Hehe their real names--Chuck and Paula--don't have the same song-quality, now do they
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            Hehe their real names--Chuck and Paula--don't have the same song-quality, now do they
                            Not quite, I'm trying to sing them and... yeah. Just not working. Thank you for making your first post more musical

Comment

Just my humble opinion, but I think parties involving alcohol (at least, not responsible consumption of it) and the like shouldn't happen at apartment buildings or places where lots of people all live close to one another. It's too difficult to be sufficiently quiet or promise that people won't be loud or do stupid things.

Barbeques, grill-outs with all the neighbors, that's one thing. The downstairs neighbors always do it during the summer, and while it's annoying hearing them laugh all day while I try to sleep, at least it isn't a rowdy loud college party.

But then you have people like my neighbors, whom, because of them, hardly any of my friends want to come over here even to stop by because of how rude they are. My boyfriend almost refuses to stay here unless it's a night we are drinking and taking a cab home, because it's cheaper to go here than out of town where he lives. Both my downstairs and next door neighbor have made incredulously ridiculous complaints about me, my bf, and my friends (there has NEVER and will NEVER be a party here and I never have several people over at once) because of something falling on the floor, laughter, and my bedframe once or twice smacked the wall.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X