This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TOLady View Post
    BTW - anyone else following this thread - if you do eat Jelly Belly Jelly Beans = what are you favourite flavours/combinations?
    I'm especially partial to the Strawberry Daiquiri and Root Beer flavors. Most of the fruit ones are high on my list, except Pear. Tastes like soap to me.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

YUM! I need to find a store near me that sells bulk like that! I went to Seattle for Mother's day and took my mom on a walking chocolate tour in seattle. Talk about deliciousness! Bought myself a box of salted milk and dark caramels from Franz, one has gray salt from the brittany coast, and the other has salt from wales. And some Bacon chocolate (I like the milk better than dark) man now I really want some more high end chocolate...
      It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
        Chocolate just makes everything sooo good!
        My local wine shop recommends having dark chocolate with red wine. It's a wonderful combination.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          My local wine shop recommends having dark chocolate with red wine. It's a wonderful combination.

It's also been recently proven that dark chocolate is very high in anti-oxidents!

I should ask my Dr. for a prescription!
          No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
            It's also been recently proven that dark chocolate is very high in anti-oxidents!

I should ask my Dr. for a prescription!
            Red wine is high in those too!

mmmm an rx for red wine and dark chocolate how can a body go wrong?
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Ignore the creature in a full-body restraint suit flopping around in the background, it's just your dentist.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Ignore the creature in a full-body restraint suit flopping around in the background, it's just your dentist.
                My FIL is a dentist. My MIL buys loads of Halloween and Easter candy when it goes on sale, and keeps it all in a big drawer in the kitchen. Once, when buying the candy, the cashier unknowingly said, "Wow, your dentist must love you."

"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  I'm especially partial to the Strawberry Daiquiri and Root Beer flavors. Most of the fruit ones are high on my list, except Pear. Tastes like soap to me.
                  I like the strawberry daquiri ones as well. My personal favourites are Red Apple, Green Apple, Orange sherbert and Island Punch. Don't like pear, CANNOT stand the cinnamon or the jalapeno ones and the buttered popcorn one is just....odd.

Whenever I go into the city, the first thing I do is go into the old-fashioned sweet shop they have and buy a bag of the Jelly Belly's. There's a setup where you can choose which flavours you want and how much.

Quoth Treasure View Post
                  Red wine is high in those too!

mmmm an rx for red wine and dark chocolate how can a body go wrong?
                  True.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I love the buttered popcorn ones and most of the fruit ones. I haven't had the pear one in ages but I liked it, too. My very favorite has to be the black pepper one from the Bertie Botts flavor collection. My least favorites are the earwax and vomit ones. If I remember, I used to try root beer with cherry, and blueberry with cola. I'm rather odd.

We don't have many bulk candy stores in my area. If I go into one, I usually pick up gummies or jelly beans depending on my mood. I love the gummy cherries and the peach rings.

I wish that more American candy tasted better-Boyfriend has spoiled me for life on English/European candies. Toffee (Thornton's if you were wondering), Munchies (can eat them FOREVER, they're a bit like a bite size Twix bar), Caramac, Parma Violets (oh my god) and Haribo mixes; the tart mix, the kiddie mix and there's another mix that I can't remember. English candy tastes better because it has natural flavors. And you can taste the difference.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                      Whenever I go into the city, the first thing I do is go into the old-fashioned sweet shop they have and buy a bag of the Jelly Belly's. There's a setup where you can choose which flavours you want and how much.
                      The Super Target near my in-laws has bulk Jelly Belly bins, which is nice. What's even nicer is when my in-laws go to San Francisco and swing by the Jelly Belly factory. They'll often bring back a bagful of Belly Flops for us. Yum!

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                        Parma Violets (oh my god)
                        I LOVE those but they tend to vanish from the shops round here periodically or can only be found in the big mixed sweet bags. Same with my other favourites from that company.. rainbow drops (which are a lot more diet friendly)
                        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I've tried american chocolate and some sweets and my impression of it, SUGAR!!!

I could not taste anything but sugar and I thought some of our UK stuff was sweet. I think the reason we tend to use natural flavours and colourings is because about 20/25 years ago (around the time when I were a kid) there was a big deal made about colourings and flavourings and the link to hyperactivity in children.
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

@Bardmaiden: I think that it certainly is a valid link that all the colorings and high fructose corn syrup and everything that they put in the food affects kids and adults-if you came and lived in America and lived on our versions of the stuff you're used to at home, you would gain weight. But that is a topic for Fratching.

Boyfriend prefers our version of smarties (which look similar to Parma violets except have no flavoring and are just different colored disks of compressed sugar) to the UK version (which are like M&Ms), because the UK version tends to give him stomachaches because they contain milk, IICR.
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                              I love the buttered popcorn ones and most of the fruit ones. I haven't had the pear one in ages but I liked it, too. My very favorite has to be the black pepper one from the Bertie Botts flavor collection. My least favorites are the earwax and vomit ones. If I remember, I used to try root beer with cherry, and blueberry with cola. I'm rather odd.

We don't have many bulk candy stores in my area. If I go into one, I usually pick up gummies or jelly beans depending on my mood. I love the gummy cherries and the peach rings.

I wish that more American candy tasted better-Boyfriend has spoiled me for life on English/European candies. Toffee (Thornton's if you were wondering), Munchies (can eat them FOREVER, they're a bit like a bite size Twix bar), Caramac, Parma Violets (oh my god) and Haribo mixes; the tart mix, the kiddie mix and there's another mix that I can't remember. English candy tastes better because it has natural flavors. And you can taste the difference.
                              You should go to Yummies up in Kittery Maine ... oh, wait, they *mail order* <giggle>
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                                I love the buttered popcorn ones and most of the fruit ones.
                                Gag....

I don't know what it is, but the buttered popcorn ones taste so very foul to me. Give me the banana (why do they have to look so close to the buttered popcorn?!?), and pretty much all of the candy-type flavors.

Oh, and anything bubblegum flavored is a win with me.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X