This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    Perhaps instead of "10 items" it should be "baskets only". Much easier to tell if someone's being an EW.
    Ah, but what about those of us who need the cart for other reasons? Like transporting our wee ones while we grab those 8-10 items we need last-minute.

Other than that, though, it's a good idea.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
      Sounds familiar. Its probably the same shameless morons who pull all those selfish, tacky stunts.

Like another one of our favorites: When a new register is opening up and the cashier calls for the NEXT customer, the LAST customer jumps off the end of the line and runs to the open cashier.

Never fails to infuriate me.
      One place where I worked, we went and got the next person in line. At least that's how it was the first couple of years when I was there. For some reason, we quit doing it. I liked it. You didn't have people rushing to get to you and really, it's only fair.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        One place where I worked, we went and got the next person in line. At least that's how it was the first couple of years when I was there. For some reason, we quit doing it. I liked it. You didn't have people rushing to get to you and really, it's only fair.
        We do the same thing. However in cases of urgent need to open (or UNTO) we just let it become a free-for-all.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
          Like another one of our favorites: When a new register is opening up and the cashier calls for the NEXT customer, the LAST customer jumps off the end of the line and runs to the open cashier.
          I've also been places where I had put a couple of items on the belt so wasn't going to go, the next person was out of it, so the third (last) person went because no one else was.

Comment

My ex and I always do our groceries together (he has a bigger car, but no license LOL). Last night, we were approaching the checkout lanes, and we each had about 7-8 items. My son pipes up that we should head for the express lanes. I hesitate to do that, even though we technically fall under the "8 items or less" description (it's two transactions), we have a cart with 15 items in it. It's not so much the cashier that concerns me, it's how other patrons will view it and give the cashier a hard time for letting us in with so many items.

Anyway, the place was empty, so we just used one of the regular lanes and we were out of there in 2 minutes
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I went one time where the lanes were set up as 7, 15, and 20 item lanes. I had about 12, so I'm in the 15 items lane, but the 7 items was open. My ex-wife wanted to just jump over there, but I told her she had to ask permission first since we had over 7 items, even though I knew the cashier wouldn't mind.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                Sounds familiar. Its probably the same shameless morons who pull all those selfish, tacky stunts.

Never fails to infuriate me.
                When I worked at the grocery store, I would always go and get the next customer. Less stress on me that way. If someone would try to jump in line ahead of that person, I would tell them they would have to wait like everyone else.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  Um, I went through the 10 items or less line with 12 items. Was that bad?
                  Yes. Your punishment is 40 lashes with a wet ramen noodle.

(Hehehehehe, and she's not here to give me a whoopin' either!)
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    Yes. Your punishment is 40 lashes with a wet ramen noodle.

(Hehehehehe, and she's not here to give me a whoopin' either!)
                    That's mean!

Ooooh, look what I found! It's a spar...... um, just c'mere. I got something to show you. <.< >.>

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      Ooooh, look what I found! It's a spar...... um, just c'mere. I got something to show you. <.< >.>
                      >.> <.< ....is it bacon?

Comment

>.> <.< ....is it bacon?
                        Is bacon pink and sparkly?

Comment

>.> <.< ....is it bacon?
                          Quoth Magpie View Post
                          Shhhhhh!

Why yes, yes it is bacon! <.< >.>

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                            Nooooooooooo.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            Shhhhhh!

Why yes, yes it is bacon! <.< >.>
                            I think you're trying to trick me. I think.

Comment

Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
                              Personally, I think that when you get sn SC with waaaaaaaaay too many items, you should ring up the first 10, then have the rest sent back.
                              They'll start demanding you ring them up as a series of 10-item transactions, since each one is under the limit and that means it's okay.

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                              Perhaps instead of "10 items" it should be "baskets only". Much easier to tell if someone's being an EW.
                              Then they'll tell that the thing they're pushing isn't a shopping cart, it's a shopping basket, and inform you that you must not speak English if you can't understand this.

Truly, SC logic knows no limits.
                              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Working...
                              X