This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't drop everything and bail you out

This is a combination of COC and MIM, so I put it here.

My medical imaging department has been getting busier as of late thanks to the new chest pain observation program. This is on top of our schedule being a complete disaster since no one understands how the department actually works. We have a new radiology group now and they've changed some things that put even more of a time crunch on us. The stress lab is also at the opposite end of the building from the scanner, which makes it difficult to juggle cardiac patients with other patients. /bkgd

Dear Boss Lady:
    I'm only there two days a week. Mondays and Thursdays. That's my availability because that's when I have childcare. I'm not on call. I can't drop everything the morning of and come in to work. When I have advanced notice--like vacations or maternity leave--I can usually work something out. If you want to talk about me expanding my availability, we can certainly do that.

I get that Air Head is, well, Air Head and a little over dramatic at times. I know my word carries a little more weight than hers. But we've both raised concerns about the dumpster fire that is our outpatient schedule. I even e-mailed mine so there was a paper trail. There's only so much juggling we can do with one camera and having to go back and forth to the other end of the building. We really need to have a sit down meeting so we can align expectations with reality. Our patient satisfaction scores are probably suffering and we look incompetent. I don't really know how to fix it, but if you actually listened to us (well, me I guess), we could make things a whole lot better.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)
Working...
X