This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You left WHAT behind?!

So I've recently joined a aerial hoop class (which has a performance component in it). This particular studio also does pole dancing and burlesque classes (they do a student showcase at the end of each term ). They also do sell some stuff there for class eg outfits for pole and hoop, shoes, accessories and whatnot (also stuff to help grip the pole better)

On their student group page, one of the instructors (my future instructor actually ) posted a bunch of pictures of lost property, with the proviso that if they weren't claimed by next term, they'd be donated. Among the items:

- A LOT of underwear (about 10-15 pairs)

- One solitary kneepad (some of the students wear kneepads for classes like mine)

- A bottle of pole grip and shaving gel (together - both help you grip the pole better. The lyra hoops have tape which prevents this)

- A nearly-new (as in, looked like they were worn once) pair of pole-dancing heels (and a quick Google shows that those shoes in Aussieland go for at least $125!)

- A badge from a political rally.

- A fitness towel in its bag from a very expensive brand.

In particular, who the flip leaves UNDERWEAR behind?!

(To clarify, this was the underwear that students were wearing on a day to day basis! Pole dancing in particular usually dictates booty shorts or bike shorts at the minimum, while Lyra you need to wear a leotard and Burlesque is a YMMV. You'd think that students would change OUT of whatever they're wearing afterwards though...)
    Last edited by LadyofArc; 07-03-2018, 01:09 PM.

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
    ( ... You'd think that students would change OUT of whatever they're wearing afterwards though...)
    Maybe they think they'll get a job offer if they look job-ready ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Maybe they think they'll get a job offer if they look job-ready ...
      Funnily enough, most if not all the students and a number of the instructors have separate day jobs. One of the instructors (not mine) refers to it as her "muggle" job.

Comment

Working...
      X