Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is tropicsgoddess and I'm a smiley--holic. .
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Now now, there's a difference between meaningless and arbitrary. The natural rhythms of time (days, seasons) certainly aren't meaningless, though weeks and months certainly are arbitrary (see the number of different calanders in use through-out history).
      Which is why I operate on the Celtic calendar. Goes by the seasons and makes infinitely more sense that harassing some poor ground hog that's trying to hibernate every Feb 2. There's going to be more winter whether the poor thing sees his shadow or not. I'm just surprised that he hasn't bitten anyone.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Which is why I operate on the Celtic calendar. Goes by the seasons and makes infinitely more sense that harassing some poor ground hog that's trying to hibernate every Feb 2. There's going to be more winter whether the poor thing sees his shadow or not. I'm just surprised that he hasn't bitten anyone.
        Smart idea there! Do you get more ale by following that calendar too? <.<

Ironically enough, my parents were married on Groundhog's Day so I don't mind the holiday too much...though I have to say that I'm kinda surprised Phil hasn't gotten himself a finger or two for a snack myself!
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
          Smart idea there! Do you get more ale by following that calendar too? <.<
          Eh, I drink it whenever the hell I feel like it. Like I wanted to tell an NP recently when she tried to make me feel guilty about having an alcoholic beverage 4-5 times a week: What do you want? I'm Scots-Irish. If one half doesn't want scotch, the other half is lobbying for a Guinness! (Or Beamish, or McKeeson, or St. Peter's, etc. Heh, I just realized, I don't like American beer!)

Celtic just makes more sense because it goes with the solstices and equinoxes. Makes is a lot easier to get through the winter when you realize that at the winter solstice, the days start getting longer again.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HIPS AND PULL YOUR KNEES IN TIIIIIGHT!
            But it's the pelvic thrust (groupsexgroupsexgroupsex) that really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-ane!

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Eh, I drink it whenever the hell I feel like it. Like I wanted to tell an NP recently when she tried to make me feel guilty about having an alcoholic beverage 4-5 times a week: What do you want? I'm Scots-Irish.
            I've got an uncle who owns a vineyard. Nuff said about my drinking habits.

Back OT.... at my work we only accept cheques from businesses. One tow-truck company owner gave me a cheque dated Feb. 30. Fortunately I spotted the error and now he always asks what the date is before writing his cheques.

Comment

Date?

Haven't been on one for a while.

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Date?

Join the club...

I'd also like to join the meeting of Smilies Anonymous...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Join the club...

I'd also like to join the meeting of Smilies Anonymous...
                  My last date was spontaneous... after attending our gaming group, my fiance and I decided to go out to dinner somewhere other than where everyone else was going. It turned into a nice romantic evening, despite my attempt to eat something you're not supposed to eat. (a leaf wrapped around a piece of chicken... a kitchenhand rushed over and said "excuse me sir, people don't usually eat those". I thanked him and found the chicken did indeed taste a lot better without the leaf)

Comment

I actually had to look at the calendar when reading this. I don't know right off hand how many days are in a given month. I know some of them but most of them I just have to look at the 3 different calendars that I have hanging in the house. I use the one big running calendar that I have for writing down all the appointments and events coming up and it is fun to look over it at the end of the year to see how busy I was.
                    Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      Date?

I thought those were a myth!

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
                        I use the knuckles on my hand to tell. You start with January on your index-finger-knuckle, and then move through the months by counting the knuckle and the space between. Once you get to July on your pinkie, you go back to August at your index finger and start over.

I hope that makes sense. *joins the smilie brigade*
                        I was taught a similar one... only instead of going back to the index finger, you just repeat the little finger and go backwards.

Comment

I've been on a grand total of two dates. And one of them was in high school.

I really don't have any use for dates. I'd rather just hang out with people I like. Of course, then it can be a bit hard to go from "we're buddies" to "we're possible companion material" but it's a lot less stressful than the whole dating thing.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Date?

Date . . .

Hmmm, new word. Wonder what it means.

Comment

I remember dates. I went on one back in the last millennium.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

As I said to someone at work the other week, "You know that phrase about being put back on the shelf? I've never been off the shelf, but the view's good."

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X