This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *from earlier this afternoon*

To the driver of the white truck - When the light turns red, that does NOT mean "pull up into the crosswalk even though a pedestrian is crossing, and try to hit them". I have no way of knowing if you were purposely trying to be an asshat, or just weren't thinking, but this gets REALLY annoying when drivers do this.

Comment

• Don't get me started on light usage. Either leaving them off or turning everything on including brights & fogs at the first sign of a cloud... So few people seem to understand that it's not just about seeing & being seen, but allowing others to see too!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Hey, jackass in the pickup, the speed limit is 55. You might try going that speed, or a bit more. You did notice that four cars, including myself, just passed your ass, right? Yeah. Speed the fuck up and that won't happen!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Eh, sometimes I have so many cars passing me when I'm going the speed limit that I wonder if I'm the only one who knows what it is. Still, I'll concede that if multiple cars are passing you, you might want to make sure it's not because you're going slow.

Comment

• Quoth siskaren View Post
            Eh, sometimes I have so many cars passing me when I'm going the speed limit that I wonder if I'm the only one who knows what it is. Still, I'll concede that if multiple cars are passing you, you might want to make sure it's not because you're going slow.
            Yeah, if I'm going to be driving slower than the going-rate of speed, I move into the slow lane on the right, just out of courtesy. I do not want to be a John Nestor.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Today I was going... uh... significantly faster than the speed limit, and I got passed like I was standing still. It's one thing when I'm doing the speed limit, but those people had to have been doing at least 100, in a 65 mph zone.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• When my bf and I went to West Virginia last month, we were going 85 in the right hand lane and people were passing us like we were plodding on horseback. This included at least two unmarked WV law enforcement cars and two marked ones, an ambulance without lights and sirens, and some impressively large SUVs.

On the other hand, we passed an eighteenth wheeler going down the mountain who had his flashing lights on and his brakes on fire. That was scary to drive behind, and around. I'm not sure if he got ok from that or not. So much smoke!

Comment

• This one is for the driver I had to follow down the main street of MyTown on Wednesday.

The street isn't busy, it's a very small town. There is one pedestrian crossing and a couple of roundabouts. The speed limit is 50kph. The sun was out, it was dry, being mid-afternoon you could shoot a rifle down the street and not hit anybody.

So why, oh why, were you doing 15-20kph the whole flippin' length of the main street? You weren't looking for parking - you passed up a heap of empty spots - so what on earth was going through your head?

Comment

• If I'm doing at least 72 mph in a 65 mph zone and I'm working on passing a semi, don't tailgate me.

I will not hesitate to keep pace with the semi all the way until it's time for me to get off the highway.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• There are two - count 'em, two - left turn lanes at the top of the exit ramp. Thou art driving your truck in the inner (leftmost) one, I am driving a bright red Chevy Aveo5 in the outer one. The street we are turning onto is 5 lanes wide. Dost thou:

A) Turn into the first legal lane, voluntarily, or
                      B) Exhibit gluteal haberdashery and try to swing wide into the rightmost lane, causing me to lean on the horn?
                      "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

• You're forgetting that he had the right of weigh. Virtually any truck (exceptions being the "pickups" based on the VW Rabbit, Dodge Omni O24, and Plymouth Horizon TC3, and the Subaru Brat - even the Baja is bigger than these) has the right of weigh over an Aveo.

Note to the driver of the Suburban. You've got 3 tons of steel to protect your family, and you (ab)use it to bully other drivers out of the way. Don't even THINK of cutting me off - running bobtail I've got 10 tons to turn them into a red smear, and with 45,000 pounds of dog food in the trailer I've got damn near 40 tons.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I know the answer. It's B. Do I get a prize if I guessed right?
                          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                            ... Don't even THINK of cutting me off ... with 45,000 pounds of dog food in the trailer I've got damn near 40 tons.
                            Just toss 'em in the trailer.
                            "Hey Wolfie! What's this on top of the kibble?"
                            "More dog food."
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                              You're forgetting that he had the right of weigh. Virtually any truck (exceptions being the "pickups" based on the VW Rabbit, Dodge Omni O24, and Plymouth Horizon TC3, and the Subaru Brat - even the Baja is bigger than these) has the right of weigh over an Aveo.
                              Oh, no, I didn't forget that he had right of weigh. Hence the reason why I laid on the horn. And started to slow down, too, though I didn't put that in the original post.

Doesn't change the fact that he was an asshat, though.
                              "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

• Quoth BPFH View Post
                                Oh, no, I didn't forget that he had right of weigh.
                                I do believe that was a pun. The actual term is "right of way", so I believe the "right of weigh" was a pun on their vehicle being very much more heavy than yours. And the driver being of the "I'm bigger than you so I can push you around" mindset.
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X