This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The office is open until 6"

Been dealing with trying get an insurance policy under my own name for the car I just bought.

Got the policy established this past Friday, minus the VIN which I didn't have. The agent told me to call back when I had the VIN and that I could come to their office on Monday (today) which closes at six.

I commented about how convenient that was, since it meant I could stop by after work.

Today I called back to give them the VIN.

I rang up their Sales department, and was told that since it was an established policy, I need to talk to Customer Service, so they transferred me.

Customer Service can't find my policy at all, despite me giving them the POLICY NUMBER. I mention that it's a new policy and I'm just calling to give them the VIN.

CS: Oh, if the VIN hasn't been entered than it isn't an active policy, so you need to speak with Sales.

Me: Um....Sales just told me I needed to talk to you.

*CS transfers me*

Me: *sigh........*

After a couple minutes on hold, Sales picked up again. I explain for the third time what I'm trying to do.

Luckily, this time they realized that I did in fact need to talk to this department, but that I had to speak with the agent who set the policy up.

Cue Transfer #3.

Agent: Hello?

OK! I recognize this voice. I explain again that I've got the VIN, which I give him.

Me: 1-Hotel-Golf-Echo-Mike-xxxxxxx-Lima-xxxxx

Agent: Did you say "Lima?" (in a tone like I'd just spouted off something nonsensical, as opposed to simply asking to clarify what I'd said.

Me: Lima....L

Agent: Oh, ok.

So you understood "Hotel Golf Echo Mike" but not "Lima?"

Agent: And do you have the mileage?

Me: xxxxx miles.

Agent: OK, good....and were you coming to the office today?

Me: Yes.

Agent: OK

So I left work a little early to make damn sure I'd get there in time even if there was traffic. I got there and arrived at their door at 5:06PM.

Now, remember the part about him saying they were open until 6? And me repeating it back to him and commenting on how cnvenient that was?

WALK-IN HOURS: 8:30AM-5PM

The door was locked tight.

Me:

I pulled out my phone and direct dialed the agent's extension. Got his voicemail, and didn't bother leaving a message.

At this point I am PISSED. I KNOW I didn't hear him wrong. I KNOW I repeated "6" back to him, and yet it's really 5?

Now I'm gonna have to go back there tomorrow during my lunch hour, because those hours are wholly incompatible with an 8-5 shift otherwise.

My "new" car is currently sitting in my driveway, mocking me with it's lack of license plates. I can't get plates without insurance. I *have* insurance, but can't prove it without an RMV-1 form, and I can't get the RMV-1 if I can't get to the freaking insurance office!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 01-25-2011, 12:01 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

That really pisses me off; especially if the hours are correct but the store just decided to close early. A real turn-off for business.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Personally, I'd keep the policy long enough to get the plates then get rid of the company post haste. If the sales department doesn't know who you need to talk to and the agent doesn't know what their office hours are, then who knows what else might be going on.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

My family has had this insurance company for 25 years and on the whole we've been very satisfied with them.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I'm surprised. Every time I've gotten a new car, I've had 30 days to get the insurance switched over. If I didn't keep the plates off the old car, I got temp plates before I drove off the lot.

This really sucks, dude. Hope you get it straightened out soon.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I agree with fma fanatic. Generally, the one thing ANY insurance company can take care of well is setting up a policy and providing proof of said policy. If they can't even set it up to get your business properly, how are they going to deal if you actually need to place a claim?

But I guess if your family's been with them happily for so long, maybe this was just one of those bad-communication days.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              That really pisses me off; especially if the hours are correct but the store just decided to close early. A real turn-off for business.
              That happened to me once, at a used CD place that used to be in the area. The place closed at 9. I got there at 8:30, and the door was locked, despite the sign saying the place didn't close until 9. What annoyed me even more was that the lights were on and the guy was still inside.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

In and out in less than 5 minutes on my lunch hour today. They had the proper forms ready all I had to do was sign.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

that's fucking sucky.
                  when i got my policy for my car it was omg easy.

drove the car (used, so i think it already had plates) from the dealer to the insurance agent, handed them the paperwork and sat there as the agent called the dealer and went over the information. even found out the car had a few safety features that the dealer hadn't mentioned - and ones that helped lower my rate.

I don't remember what time it was though, just that it was dark - but ... upstate NY in december it gets dark early

Comment

Working...
                  X