X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pizza for us, no business for them

Hi, first post!

This happened a couple of months ago, but I was reminded of it earlier today and it still really annoys me.

There used to be a small pizza shop somewhat near my house, which was quick, cheap and had very friendly service. I'd taken a group of friends there twice and both times we had a good time.The same group gathered at someone's house, and we decided to call and order from them, since they had previously been so good.

We ring them, and find the line's engaged. We take turns repeating this for over half an hour. Assuming they're just busy, we drive over there to find the place completely empty. I mention to the guy at the counter that we'd been calling for the past half hour. His response? He laughs, points to another employee and says,"Oh yeah! That guy's been on the phone to his girlfriend for the past half hour!"

He laughed, and didn't apologise, despite the shocked and annoyed faces.

We ended up leaving because they prices had literally tripled -trust me when I say the two guys behind the counter didn't notice.

We found a better place on the way home, where they were friendly, quick, and weren't upset when one friend broke the door a little bit

The local one's closed down now. I wonder why?

Reminds me of a little place we wanted to try close to our house. Walked in and the guy at the counter stormed-up, glared at us and said 'we're closing, no more orders!' Yet this was 6pm and their sign said open until 9. We experimented when we got home and called the place for delivery. Bright cheery girl on the other end said yep, still taking orders & open till 9. We told her funny, because we were just refused service and were prepared to place a $60+ order. She 'uuummmed' and said that was the Owner's decision, but we never found out why.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

My workplace has a similar problem. We're Town X, and Pizza "Shack" is in Town X. However, they refuse to deliver to us. Why? Because to get to our offices their drivers have to drive outside town into the county briefly. And when I say briefly I mean about 300 feet (100 meters).

Thus we're forced to order from "Dice" Pizza, which nobody really cares for. And when we order it's a _lot_, several hundred dollars US a throw about 6-8 times a year (sometimes even more).

You'd think Pizza "Shack" would re-evaluate their policy for that much business...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        You'd think Pizza "Shack" would re-evaluate their policy for that much business...
        best bet for that would be talk to the DM/GM or franchise owner-they may be willing to bend the "rules" for that. When I worked at a pizza place that didn't deliver for lunch-the DM would make exceptions for businesses for a certain amount, but that was his call, not the store manager's.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Reminds me of what happened to my dad a few months ago. He had just picked me up from work and decided to stop by the Domino's that was on the way home. Their sign said they were open to 11pm for both delivery and carry out (it was a few minutes past 10pm), the open sign was on, and the door was unlocked, so dad went in to order a pizza.

He was in there for about five minutes and came out pretty annoyed. The woman behind the counter told him that they were closed. After he pointed out all of the above, the woman told him they were only doing delivery and that he needed to leave. As he walked out, she locked the door behind him. We ended up going to Pizza Hut who had no problem selling a pizza for carry out at 10:15pm.
          Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

I posted a couple of years ago about a pizza place we have in town, where the one that serves the side of town I live on was refusing to answer their phone....they weren't closed and the phone wasn't busy. I called the one on the other side of town and of course they couldn't deliver to me, so I was really frustrated because for several days in the evening I could not get through.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Pizza places aren't the only places who act like that. I had some 15-minute oil change place refuse to wait on me. It was well before closing, and nobody else was in the shop. It's cold out, and I'm sitting in my car outside the garage door. Tired of waiting, and you'd think that a simple 'beep' would have been enough to open the door. Instead, they looked at me, and went back to their conversation. Bastards.

After a few minutes, I thought "fuck those guys," and went to their competitor up the street. A shop, that was only too happy to change my car's fluids, rotate the tires, and send me on my way. Anyone want to guess where I go now for service...and who is having problems now?
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                My workplace has a similar problem. We're Town X, and Pizza "Shack" is in Town X. However, they refuse to deliver to us. Why? Because to get to our offices their drivers have to drive outside town into the county briefly. And when I say briefly I mean about 300 feet (100 meters).
                My bet is that it has to do with liability insurance. It doesn't matter how short that little jaunt is outside county lines; if they have a driver who gets hurt there, it might cost them way more than your business was worth.

If the pizza is really that preferable, and the distance isn't that much, maybe it would be worth it to you to pick it up, instead.

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                He was in there for about five minutes and came out pretty annoyed. The woman behind the counter told him that they were closed. After he pointed out all of the above, the woman told him they were only doing delivery and that he needed to leave. As he walked out, she locked the door behind him.
                Oooh... That so deserves a heads up to corporate.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  My bet is that it has to do with liability insurance. It doesn't matter how short that little jaunt is outside county lines; if they have a driver who gets hurt there, it might cost them way more than your business was worth.

^-.-^
                  Though I am not an insurance expert by any means, I am not sure why that would be. unless the Pizza "Shack" has some very very specific non owned vehicle insurance (as in sever boundries for the delivery area as defined by their business insurance) I can not see a difference. not sure why there would be a difference between being within the city limits and going out into the county. like most pizza places (like 95%)these days I assume the delivery drivers use their own cars so each vehicle would be insured individually.

I know that my pizza place has locations that serve 2 or even 3 counties (being right on or near a county boarder) and there is no problems there.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I went into a pizza place to get a slice, someone comes out of the back and just says to me that they aren't selling any slices right now before I even get the chance to ask. I could clearly see several different slices available. I just walked out and never went back.
                    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I used to work at a pizza place, and once we had these numpties ring us from *town eight miles away* to ask for a delivery. I politely told them that they were out of our range, and there was a *pizza place* shop in that town, so I could give them the number? This was the response.

- Why can't you deliver to us?

- Cuz *town* is outside our range. We don't deliver further than *far out large village*. There's a *pizza place* in your town; in fact, it's practically up the street. I could give you the number.

- I want a pizza from you.

At this point, I passed the phone on to my boss. They eventually hung up when he repeated what I'd just said.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

The pizza place I used to work for, Moving Pizza, was the ONLY place that would deliver outside the city limits (up to 10 miles out, I believe). There were some very nice neighborhoods that delivered from us all the time, and I always liked going out there because the folks usually tipped well (they didn't want to piss off the only people who would deliver to them).

Unfortunately, competition from Dominator's in town was fierce, and the out of town orders weren't enough volume to compensate. The owner did next to NOTHING to advertise, and ran very few specials. He just figured that in a college town, the money ought to make itself.

The old pizza place is now a seafood restaurant owned by someone else.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

couple stories:
                          there's a pita place in town that delivers to the local businesses. but instead of cars...they use segways. it's pretty awesome.

also!:
                          i once called in to "dice" pizza for a delivery and was told that because they had received literally no delivery orders that night (really small town), the driver went home. so we went in for pickup. the gal stayed open an extra 20 minutes and gave us some free bread sticks. it was pretty awesome.
                          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                          ^_^

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            - I want a pizza from you.
                            Suggests that either the pizza there wasn't up to scratch, or the numpties owed money or had worn out their welcome.

Rapscallion

Comment

Probably the last two. XD I ordered from that place a couple of times while staying with friends (due to having a 50% discount) and their pizza was fine.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X