This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line cutting at Maul Mart

So tonight, against my better judgment, I went to the local Maul Mart.

I don't know why I bother with that place. Really I don't. It's a dirty, dingy garage sale under fluorescent lights staffed by barely-conscious, drooling, possibly substance-addled, toothless, pants-sagging-revealing-underthings, unintelligible employees wearing name tags identifying themselves only as "Death Penis."

Actually, I'm totally exaggerating there. Some of them don't even wear underwear.

Anyhow, I had picked out my stuff and was waiting for one of the self-checkouts to open. When it did I stepped toward it--only to be beaten to it by one of their freakazoid employees who looks like somebody tried to put out a forest fire with a potato peeler. In his hand was a bag of cheese curds (...and the stereotype jamboree rolls into town).

It quickly became apparent this guy was one of those who didn't know how to use a self-checkout but insisted on using one anyway. The cheese curds didn't scan the first time, so it prompted him to take them out of the bag and scan them again. Then after he scanned and bagged them he waited a good minute before figuring out what button on the screen to touch next.

Then he couldn't figure out how to swipe his card in the reader. And I'm standing there silently fuming, ready to rip this guy's spine out his ass and beat him to death with it, but I don't want to touch him. Finally a different self checkout opens up and I head there, scan my three items, bag them, and pay using my debit card while he's still trying to complete payment. Oy.

Then I went to the in-store Subway to buy lunch for tomorrow. My sub is all made and I'm waiting to pay at the register. In tromps a large-ish guy, out of breath, 24-packs of beer and Mountain Dew under his arms (Gee, I can't figure out why you're out of breath, can you?) In his coat pocket is a Subway sports bottle which he is evidently going to have refilled. He assumes a position next to the register, completely oblivious to the line forming the other way.

Finally it's my turn at the register. Large-ish guy waddles for the register, only to have me sidestep him and spread my feet to widen my stance. DEFEATED. He gives me a cat-butt face and shuffles to the end of the line.

And then on my way home I nearly get broadsided by some shitwit in a truck who, like everybody else in this town except me, doesn't understand that when you're making a left turn at a traffic light and don't have a green arrow, you wait for oncoming traffic going straight.

This town desperately needs a Target. I'd be so done with Maul Mart then.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

That's funny, because where I live, Maul-mart is great and Target is like...ghetto Maul-mart.
    Of course, the other Maul-marts around here kind of suck, but they aren't as bad as Target is.

Thank you though, for defeating Fat-Fatty-McFlufferson. At least he knew how to carry things with weight to them (I mean, a 24 pack? WOW)
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Speaking as a Fat-Fatty McFlufferson, I don't see how the employees anywhere are different (just speaking up for the Maul-Mart employees who post here, as well as the other Fat-Fatties who may or may not breathe audibly, thus annoying people who choose to go slumming for some reason).

Comment

OK folks, the "Fat-Fatty McFlufferson" remarks (and any other weight-related slurs) stop here and now.

Quoth Site Rules
        2. No Offensive or Controversial Content
        slurs regarding a person's weight that are not relevant to the post;
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Large-ish guy waddles for the register, only to have me sidestep him and spread my feet to widen my stance. DEFEATED. He gives me a cat-butt face
          Aw. Man-cattbutt faces are ugly stuff. Or immensely funny, actually. Especially if the person is not a tiny, innocent-looking squeaky guy.
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

We have a super Maul Mart and a Super Target here... they compete. It is awesome.
            "I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality."
            - James Joyce

Comment

i'm both scared and yet sickly curious as to how you know they're not wearing underwear

tho, like you i wish there was a target here. the closest one is about 25 miles away in another state.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 01-20-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Cuz their pants still sag every bit as far down

Comment

o god. WITHOUT underwear?

Hell that's worth a call to the police for indecent exposure.

Comment

I wear low rider panties, and sometimes if I bend down low enough, it looks like I'm not wearing any. It's almost like my butt ate them or something, they are the magical disappearing low riders.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

This town desperately needs a Target.
                      Hold on! I've almost got the Bob-ombs set up!
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        I wear low rider panties, and sometimes if I bend down low enough, it looks like I'm not wearing any. It's almost like my butt ate them or something, they are the magical disappearing low riders.
                        well that's better - a LOT better - than what i had pictured.
                        the stuff going through my mind was a frontal flash. the kind that makes you wish you had pepper spray...

Comment

Hate to tell you this, Irv, but a shop is only as good as the employee pool it can draw from. Unless they import employees from a better shop, any new shop opening is going to have to draw from exactly the same staffing pool as the shops you despise. They might cherry-pick the slightly less dire ones, but that's the best you can hope for. Sorry
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

That may be so, but filtering can work wonders. If you routinely hire - and then keep - just anyone who is capable of wearing something vaguely resembling a uniform for minimum wage, you're likely to find that the better employees leave in disgust.

Those better-quality employees - the ones who know the value of personal hygiene, smart uniforms, customer service and ongoing education - are then available to work at a competitor, especially one who pays a little more than the bare minimum and is looking for these kinds of qualities.

Comment

I don't know if it'd be any better. I see just as much stupidity at the one near me.

I've noticed that there's a lot of stores that I like to shop at and most of the employees are good, however about half to 3/4 of the people shopping there need to be shot.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X