This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you think you were again?

So, this afternoon I had to go to the post office. THE UNITED STATES POST OFFICE. USPS. I patiently wait in line. Then, it's the Gentleman's in front of me turn to go to the counter. He marches up. He puts his package on the counter. And announces:

"I need to mail this Fed Ex."

Cue every pair of eyes in the store turning to look at him.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Then again, I can't completely blame him. With "UPS Store" and other mailing outlets popping up everywhere and many places offering a multitude of services, I can't say I'm surprised. Wonder how long it took before he understood why USPS couldn't handle FedEx...
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Then again, it is theoretically possible -- after all, FedEx corporate HQ has to get mail also. They must be on some USPS delivery route. (That's the USPS contract with the US government - they have exclusivity on mail delivery as long as they deliver to every address in the country.) (Yes, they have a monopoly - for anyone but a USPS carrier to put something in someone else's mailbox is a felony!)
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        Then again, it is theoretically possible -- after all, FedEx corporate HQ has to get mail also. They must be on some USPS delivery route. (That's the USPS contract with the US government - they have exclusivity on mail delivery as long as they deliver to every address in the country.) (Yes, they have a monopoly - for anyone but a USPS carrier to put something in someone else's mailbox is a felony!)
        Yup on one of the routes in my first office we delivered mail to a UPS office, FedEx office, and a UPS Mailbox type place.

For the mailbox part...it's for the security of the mail. If we're the only ones allowed in there then the paper person/ad person/random peoples isn't supposed to be able to see/(accidently) take outgoing mail.

LillFilly, at some FedEx stores they will ship out USPS for a fee. Some are starting to think the opposite is true as well. *sighs* I feel so bad for our clerks.
        Last edited by Aethian; 01-25-2011, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Fed Ex actually works in conjunction with the USPS in some instances and they do have drop-off boxes in front of many post offices, so I can kinda see the confusion.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I could have seen the confusion if the store had signs stating they offered said services, or even had fed ex/ups packaging for sale, etc. But this was just a little post office. The UPS was actually one shopping center over, and the fed ex one over and across the street; which is where the post clerk had to direct the guy, who just couldn't grasp that they couldn't do fed ex.

Funny, I've never seen the services for one offered at another; only thing I've seen is where you can drop your fed ex packages at Staples.

Ah well, at least he didn't hold up the line for too long; it was more of a WTF moment for me.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X