This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipes burst

Tonight at the hotel a pipe burst (probably from all the super cold weather we just went through) Since it was 11pm on a Saturday night there was nowhere for our maintenance guy to go to purchase needed supplies. He had to shut water off to the entire hotel.

Cue Mr. Sucky. This one guest told me on the phone that since we had no water he was not paying for his room and he would even go as far as to cancel his credit card. A short time later he comes to the desk and tells me hie is leaving and we better not charge his card. He wanted me to provide him with his paperwork (Um, what paperwork? Room and tax had not even been posted yet) I told him I would inform the owners in the morning and it would be their call on whether to give him his free room. He wanted me to call them at home right then and there. He ranted, he yelled and he left swearing up and down he would sue the hotel if we charged him.

I recognize having no water is a sucky situation but really - why me?

I'm surprised the health dept would allow the hotel to stay open without water.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
      I'm surprised the health dept would allow the hotel to stay open without water.
      The health department probably would not, if it were an extended outage. Water outages occur on a daily basis; sometimes for several hours. With the exception of a restaurant, a short-term outage is not generally considered a health concern.

However, since the incident took place late at night, I doubt there'd be anyone at the health dept office to actually take a call, much less send out anyone to issue a close order.

Comment

Common sense would dictate that having no water for an entire night would not leave the hotel liveable; a whole building of people wanting to go to the loo first thing in the morning when they wake up? Not Fun.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
          However, since the incident took place late at night, I doubt there'd be anyone at the health dept office to actually take a call, much less send out anyone to issue a close order.
          Especially with double-digits below zero.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X