Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He was on Jerry Springer (and he brought the tape)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine
    I cannot believe that the man of the household watches this stuff. And he wonders why I don't watch daytime TV.
    Don't forget the episodes of little people dating big people, and the infamous "Thanksgiving dinner" episodes.

And the more I saw of some people back home (I went back to my parent's place earlier this week) the more I believe the statement made elsewere here that trash can be found anywhere. Ugh, my hometown is filled with rednecks.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

[channeling Jeff Foxworthy...]

"If videos of your family gatherings are tapes of The Jerry Springer Show....you might be a redneck!"

"If a girl is pregnant, and all five brothers in your family are worried...you might be a redneck!"

"If your smile looks like a Jack-o-Lantern, but two pasty white extra large women are fighting over you....you might be a redneck!"

"If your idea of 'relationship communication' involves you telling your lover on national TV that you used to be a crack-addicted prostitute of the opposite gender...you might be a redneck!"

FIVE DAYS UNTIL VACATION!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

That last one isn't a redneck Btw being a redneck don't mean you're stupid. There is a whole different term for those kind of folks. Redneck basically is someone who likes being simple don't care for the frills of life, enjoys alittle chaos and destruction.

I believe the term for what you're looking for is on the list of banned words for this board. but I'll give you a hint, starts with a "w" and ends with "rash"
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Hey, I have nothing against rednecks per se, but it was Mr. Foxworthy, a self-proclaimed redneck, that started that "you might be a redneck if" stuff in the first place.

I DO have something against people that refer to themselves as rednecks and are ignorant, cheap, obnoxious boneheads. Sorry, folks, but if you consider yourself a redneck, these mental midgets are basically ruining your image daily.

FOUR DAYS TILL VACATION!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

If you're going to use Foxworthy's definition, then #4 stills don't apply. His definition is, "A redneck is a glorious absence of signification."

I suspect, Jester, you probably never met a real redneck but only the stereotype of what people think of rednecks. "Trailer trash" are not rednecks no matter how much they want to call themselves it.

Comment

Hehehehe....think what you want. I HAVE met rednecks, both good and bad. Despite what you may think, I am NOT under the impression that all rednecks are idiotic trailer living knuckle dragging beer swilling inbred imbeciles. I live in a major tourist destination, where we get plenty of people from plenty of walks of life from EVERYWHERE. I am originally from Arizona, so if you think I don't know any rednecks personally, you are sadly mistaken.

Hell, one of my heroes, one of the most brilliant men I have ever had the pleasure of associating with, is a guy who is a self-described "dumb drunk redneck."

My "Foxworthy" post was merely made as a humorous thing, mocking the Springer-appearing nitwits by using a tried and true comedy routine that most of us are at least somewhat familiar with. I was in no way trying to put down "rednecks", "simple folk", "Southerners" or anyone other than the Springer stars themselves. Any offense taken was completely unintentional. Please take the humor as it was intended, as cheap quick laughs, nothing more.

FOUR DAYS TILL VACATION!!!
              Last edited by Jester; 07-29-2006, 07:11 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Being that I are one....

Jeff Foxworthy's definition of redneck is "A glorious absense of sophisication." which I don't entirely agree with. If we were to go through all of his "You might be a redneck if" quotes then I'd dare say we're all guilty of at least one myself included.

The late Lewis Grizzard's definition of a red-neck is probably the closest to reality I've read. He considered his grandfather a red-neck, in that he toiled in his fields all day sunburning his neck from his labors. While the it has been twisted into a derogatory term in reality redneck a mark of a hard-working person branded by the sun. There really isn't a term to refer to those previously described in earlier posts except as trash.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

social bottom feeders works pretty well, i think, considering most of them rely on anything but work to sustain their existence.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Thanks, Tanasi I knew I used the wrong word in there.

Those aren't rednecks, those are what I stated before starts with a "w" and ends with "rash".

Lewis Grizzard definition is closer. True rednecks are rarely seen by folks in urban areas. Rednecks are anything but lazy, social bottom feeders. Most rednecks are very nice folks to be around, polite, helpful, friendly, everything momma are suppose to taught. There are a few that are more anti-social. Those kinds like to live in the swamp (in florida anyway). But they all live by hard work and won't take handouts. Not all rednecks are "white" either.

So please, stop refering to "w-----rash" as rednecks because they're not.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista
                      nope; we get enough of the 'fragrant unwashed' at our stored, and that's much more than i'd care to encounter. (i'm a captive audience, unfortunately)
                      Wonder if people know how they smell? I understand that when you're sick you don't take the best care of yourself, but some people take it too far!

Comment

sick i can understand, but those that come in 'seem' healthy, so i'm going for hygenically challenged, and in serious need of remedial soap and water usage technique classes.

in SERIOUS need.

if your hair is so oily it drips, it just might be time to purchase some shampoo and a towel.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                        X