This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepy old dude

I mainly have this account to lurk - I don't work with the public and I don't ever intend to work with the public. I'd probably be collapsed in a traumatized heap behind the counter by the end of the first day, trying to deal with some of the people you guys have seen.

I had an encounter this morning that reminded me why I never want to work with the public.

I ran to the store this morning to grab a couple things. While I stood to the side after my purchase, gathering my bags and putting things in my purse, Creepy Old Dude stepped up to the counter. The cashier, probably around my age (and so probably young enough to be his granddaughter), started ringing up his things, and in the middle of it, the cashier yawned a little. Nothing exaggerated, just enough to be noticeable, and it didn't stop her work any.

Creepy Old Dude: Why are you yawning?
    Cashier: Sorry, I'm a bit tired.
    Creepy Old Dude: If you think you're tired now, you should come to my house. I'll MAKE you tired.
    Cashier: ...*her face and actions betrayed no emotion but I can imagine her brain as a series of internal explosions at this point*
    Creepy Old Dude: You'd be tired because I have some yard work for you to do.
    Cashier: ...
    Me: *flees store*

Clueless old man who doesn't realize the innuendo he made? Guy who always intended to do a bait-and-switch with his implications, ha ha, how hilarious? Creep who realized how poorly his comment went over and tried to make a last minute save?

I don't know and I don't care because hearing that made me need a shower.

Guy who always intended to do a bait-and-switch with his implications, ha ha, how hilarious?
    I'd bet money that it was this one.

Comment

Go to the willow and switch his bait?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I bet he does this bait and switch often and is now a master at it.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
        X