No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're all supposed to have water-saving shower heads and I can tell you took yours off. It's 11:00 pm and it's LOUD. Not only that, but thanks for wasting water. You know the landlord pays that bill and is just going to pass the cost on to us via rent raises. At least your shower wasn't 40 minutes like the other guy that lived there before you did.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Depending on the shower head, I can totally see why they'd take it off. I have a 'water-saving' toilet, lower capacity, which is actually all you can buy now.

Having to flush twice to get stuff down rather kills the purpose in my opinion but what do I know?

Comment

• There are better times to practice playing the guitar than 2AM.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• Arg, this is why I normally shower in the middle of the day. Thanks, my fellow apartment dwellers, for using up the hot water that we share. Now my hair is wet, and I couldn't wash it because the water went from hot to tepid, to cold in about 90 seconds. I realize this could be from a bunch of apartments running their showers at the same time, but sheesh.

Also, let's try paying attention to what can be recycled. Don't put a ton of heavy duty plastic wrap (like the kind that goes around a full pallet) in the cans and bottles bin. It doesn't go there. Loose plastic cannot go on the trucks, it either goes in the garbage or there is a special recycling bin (which we don't have) or you can drop it off (which most people don't do). Same with our food recycling bin. Read what can and can't go in it, or just throw in in the regular trash! I know I'm being nit-picky here, but it's really not hard. When I move to a new town I read the rules once, then I know. My previous town didn't accept glass in the cans and bottles bin. This town does. If you're not going to pay attention, just be like my dad and throw it all in one bin; the garbage bin.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• This one's for the apartment managers: get maintenance on the ice issue!! It's a skating rink out there. I don't think I can safely get to my car from my apartment; I cannot risk a fall because I WILL end up with a concussion. I think I have to call into work. But what am I going to do tomorrow and the next day? I guess I'll have to go out there and use my rolling cart as a walker.

Comment

• *For some brief background on this - my neighborhood has bins for "regular" trash and recyclable items placed at various points in the alley behind the houses, and these bins are shared by multiple houses.*

To whichever neighbors are doing this - I know this isn't technically "wrong", and not something I could report, but please STOP filling up the garbage cans right after the trash has been picked up. Other people need to throw out garbage too, and because of you, this means we have to walk further down the alley to do so.

Comment

• Quoth Teysa View Post
                There are better times to practice playing the guitar than 2AM.
                Definitely - 2AM is for drum or bagpipe practice, not guitar.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• And yet another issue with neighbors and their trash-dumping habits.......

If I ever find out for sure which of you is doing this, I'm tempted to throw the trash bags into your backyard with notes saying "This does NOT go in the recycle bin.", and "This does not go into the trash bin." Because obviously you can't tell the difference, and it's annoying when you fill up the bins with the wrong stuff.

Comment

• To the two apartments that did this:

Did you really wait until mid-January to throw out the Christmas tree? They do sell bags to put over the tree itself. The things left needles and branches all the way down both stairwells--getting any type of Christmas tree down the back stairs is impressive--and I'm still finding tracked-in fir needles in our apartment. Whichever one of you dragged it down the FRONT, while I do give you points for leaving it at the curb, you know that is not where the trash gets picked up so it sat there for a week.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Housemates who believe that if they stop talking, they'll stop breathing and DIE!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• @Food Lady - Ice cleats. They cost about 80 dollars Canadian, no idea how much American. But they are a goddamned godsend when it's insanely icy outside. We mostly use them on hiking trails but they do get some use walking the dogs too.

Comment

• I have a pair of YakTrax. They're not all that expensive, and IMO the best I've found for ice.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• lol, just noticed I posted in the wrong random thoughts thread. That's okay, I can always complain about my neighbors. Seriously folks, take your laundry out of the machines! I can't remember the last time I went down and didn't either have to take laundry out of a machine, or see other laundry that someone else had to take out. Do people put in laundry and then go to work or something?
                            Last edited by notalwaysright; 01-28-2017, 04:38 AM.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Speaking of laundry, am I the only person that sat with their laundry when using a public laundry facility? I never wandered off and left my laundry unattended. I always brought along a book and read while my laundry was being done.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Stop banging on the door!!!!! It's 2:30 am and obviously they don't want to let you in.

Comment

Working...
                                X