Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I flew I used to get lots of customers hitting on me. It was flattering and funny

I liked it when they were sexy business men, not so much lads on stag parties!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I had an admittedly *very* hot waitress hit on me at a (unfortunately, now-closed) restaurant not far from the main WVU campus some years back. Say what you will about WVU, but I'm sure she wasn't from there--she still had all her teeth Anyway, as my grandmother and I were getting ready...she came over, put her arm around me, and handed me her number. Too bad I'd *just* started dating the then-gf, otherwise, who knows

If only I knew then what I know now...
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Have I ever told you guys the story of the "Big Boy" incident?
        I have no idea. Why don't you recount it anyway?

Quoth napoleana View Post
        Johnny had the brilliant idea to try to do his thing while my ex-boyfriend (but still loyal friend, and has issues about girls being treated bad) was right next to me. He was a half-step away from getting his ass handed to him by a catboy.
        There was a guy I was hanging out with for a while who came to the gaming convention I've been attending thrice yearly for the last decade. We were in the dealer room, and he's trying to get my attention, but I was talking to an artist friend that I make a point of harrassing (we've known each other for years), and so this guy decides that the best way to get my attention is to yank on my braid.

I rounded on him and let him know in no uncertain terms that he was never to do anything like that ever again if he valued his health.

I found out later that there were no less than three guys who saw that who were this >< far from giving him a pounding. The only reason he escaped with his hide was because they all saw that I seemed to be handling it myself. I had thought I was bluffing when I threatened his safety...

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Somehow, I seem to have the luck of the married, the older, or the ones that are best avoided for you know they been in the jail cell a few times.

The Owner of the local motel here, who by the way is married, has asked me out a few times,..."just for dinner"...ahhhhhh, NO

Then there is this older man, he really is a nice guy, and he does keep his distance, but everytime he sees me, I usually hear how he'd love to hug me, he wouldn't let go...if I was his I'd never have to work,..(and he does have money)

I just turned down a trip to Hawaii....
          In truth, I have told him that had I been another type of woman that is only out for money..but I am not. I like to just tell him he needs his eyes checked again..
          To tell ya the truth,...my ego is taking a beating here alittle!....lol I do not mind the compliments, though on half of them I have to stiffle a giggle because I know it is outright BS...

But why, why do I attract nothing but the older men??? Good Grief, I am not THAT old yet! Ok,...so my job is making me feel old...............................

Comment

Get used to it Gypsy....it's a part of life.

I've just begun slowly accepting the fact that I cannot prevent men over a certain age from being interested in me. All I can do is politely say "Sorry, not interested"
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Annichka View Post
              It's flattering until they say a pick-up line.. yeah hit on me all you want with the small talk... but "i'd like to stick my eggroll in your plumsauce?" did i mention this guy looked like a middle-aged plummer and i was 16? And another thing as i said Before DON'T CALL UP YOUR LOCAL CELL PHONE COMPANY AND MASTURBATE WHILE HAVING SOME GIRL EXPLAIN YOUR BILL!!! GROSS! you can't say that is ok
              Oh GOOD GRIEF!!! I was just going off my own experiences... so far, I've had nothing bad really happen. Did I say that was ok? No. So don't sit there and assume I think it is. Mellow out.
              When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
                Oh GOOD GRIEF!!! I was just going off my own experiences... so far, I've had nothing bad really happen. Did I say that was ok? No. So don't sit there and assume I think it is. Mellow out.
                I know you didn't condone it. It's cool. Though I've been known to say :a hidden pick-up line".... " You look familiar, do i know your girlfriend?" probably the worst
                ~Annichka~
                Working for "Runfast" together with "Beforetel" is just super fun!

Comment

When I was working at the gas station, I had a weird guy come in.

"You married?"
                  "No"
                  "Wanna play married?"

He was pretty creepy. I also had guys that would come in and without even introducing themselves say something like "what's your number" in an almost demanding tone of voice.
                  "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

reading these stories, i dunno if i should be happy or sad, that i've never been hit on (that i know of...)

i think my beard scares girls away
                    Rawr

Comment

I can sympathize with GK here, actually, as I'm told I have a very sexy phone voice. I've actually been told in really innapropriate ways--i.e. "Wow, for a second there, I thought I called a 900 number!"

I have had marriage proposals, offers to support me and buy me stuff, and all kinds of come-ons over the phone from men I've never met in real-life/seen in person, all on phone calls that might be recorded to monitor me. I try to just brush it off nicely, or play like I have a boyfriend. Also, I will admit that I have certain techs (all my boys in Alaska, for example) who I will flirt with or be extra friendly with, especially when they don't want to do their work and I need to convince them to quit whining. Granted, I only do this with the techs I know won't take it too far.

As for people trying to call me out on claiming I have a boyfriend, I tend to either use an out-of-town ex or my gay best friend as my pretend boy, that way I have all the pertinent info if they try to grill me. I am AWFUL at turning people down and I always try to be polite, but sometimes lying is the simplest way to do it without maiming someone's feelings.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Yeesh! All these horror stories suddenly make me glad that I'm too ugly to be perved on.
                        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

That is totally untrue. It doesn't matter what you look like, if you're male or female, white, black, pink, small, large or medium.

I just think women are more prone to being bothered than men are.

Your day will come. Maybe you'll be lucky and be hit on by someone desireable. But most likely, you'll be like the rest of us who get hit on by men that look like Larry the Cable guy on crystal meth......

But just remember, everyone.....when you are hit on by someone who creeps you out or makes you feel icky....just remember......the reason people you WANT to notice you don't notice you is because they are scared. Men and women with no integrity and nothing to lose are the ones who will make the off the wall comments and will flat out hit on you with sleazy pickup lines and propositions.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post

One then looks at me and says "you can't make up the difference can you?" and the other adds a "yeah, please?" I tell them I can't, and they tell me to hold on a sec, then proceed to retreat to a corner of the store and whisper to eachother, one apparently trying to get the other to agree to something. They reached an accord and came back to the counter. "Okay," says the first, "will you make up the difference if we show you our boobs?" I was going to protest no when almost simultaneously the tube-tops came down.
                            That's very sad that those girls felt the need to prostitute themselves over a few lousy pieces of friggin' candy.
                            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

I was about 18, 19, and working in my then-town's local hardware store - first job ever, actually. We had at the time an auto-parts joint that had moved in for a while next door, and they were always sending their people over for this and that.

One of them was, shall we say, a man of a different race than myself (disclaimer: I have nothing against interracial relations, this will be explained shortly), who looked to be at least mid-thirties, if not older. He was always nice and I never thought anything of it...

...until the day he showed up in line and started scribbling something down on a piece of cardboard. I thought he was writing a note to himself (like a reminder note or some such). Nope.

He passed the cardboard note to me, and on it was written "Can you call me?"

Well, me being me, I was completely stunned, and not in a good way. As I said, I have nothing against interracial relations. But when you've been raised in a white-bread small town with little cultural exposure, and you've had (and still have) the social skills of a chunk of gravel your whole life (due to various reasons which would be too long to explain here), and a customer has just hit on you, you usually don't take it very well. I forget what I started stammering after a few moments of uncomfortable silence, but eventually this guy went his way.

Ever since that, I would purposely avoid him whenever he'd come into the store and someone else was available to ring him out. Eventually at one point he did apologize, but I was still too weirded out to want to deal with him anymore, and shortly after that he just disappeared. And shortly thereafter, I quit that job (not explicitly for that reason, but it was a symptom that things were going bad and it was time to get out).
                              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

He passed the cardboard note to me, and on it was written "Can you call me?
                                Okay, I hear this all the time from the young ladies I know. Apparently, that's how young "men" flirt now.

Listen, it's tough to call someone you are interested in and ask them out. I know, I've done it. (its another thing if the woman initiates it. I just think the initially interested party needs to be the one to do the initial pursuing.) It takes guts.

And if a man doesn't have guts enough to call, he doesn't have guts enough to date me. Yes, I've heard the excuse that "well, I'm just trying to be non-threatening." Yeah, I'm going to have to call horsesh#t on that. Sack up, son. Baby rabbits are non-threatening, too, but nobody wants to date one.

I'm so glad I'm married and out of the dating scene.
                                Last edited by Ree; 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM. Reason: Adding quote tags

Comment

Working...
                                X