This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy Ending - An Idiot Prevails :(

I work at a Pizza Place. Like most fast food restaurants, we don't exactly have super computers that keep profiles on each of our customers that we have access to at a whim. We know what you tell us when you order: period. Well, I get a call one Saturday night from an SC who is irate because WE CHARGED THE WRONG CREDIT CARD. He explains that one of his credit cards was maxed out, so he ALWAYS uses the green credit card to pay for things. We, however, must have charged his silver credit card. Now he's mad that his CC company is fining him for going over his limit and guess who's fault it is?

I tried to explain to him that we don't keep CC records on file, so we charged whatever number he gave us, but he assured us this was not correct. "I ALWAYS use my green card, so this being my fault is pretty much impossible." After being called a liar, an idiot, and many other names that he probably couldn't spell, he hung up out of frustration saying he was going to talk to my boss. Well, I told my boss everything and we both had a good laugh. Later, the customer talked to my boss and was told the same thing. Therefore he called HIS boss. What with one thing and another, this pathetic, idiotic, piece of trash got his way. Our company paid for his meal that day AND the charges for going over his limit.

"The customer is always right" isn't just inaccurate, it's a flat-out lie.

"The customer's always right" has been wrong ever since it was first introduced as an advertising ploy.

If it was true, I could walk into a grocery story and say "everything here is free there deliver it to X without any charge" and I'd have it delivered without question (after all, if being loud and obnoxious gets you one item free, why not everything?).

All that saying does say is "treat us like crap. the crappier the better for you'll get better stuff -- oh and be sure to wipe that dog crap on your show on the employee's nose on your way in, or out, your preference."

Comment

"The customer is always right" never made sense to me. If the customer is always right, why is it I still can't get my hamburger rare? I'd even be happy to sign a waver, but nooooo.

I just want a rare cheeseburger.

Thankfully, my roommates make some kickass burgers. But I digress; we should go around the world telling big companies that the customer is not always right. With big signs. And red and orange markers!

I eagerly await the day when someone pulls that tantrum crap on me while I'm off the clock so I can ask for the same free stuff; then politely decline and remind whoever that the customer is, usually, wrong.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
        Our company paid for his meal that day AND the charges for going over his limit.
        That's messed up. Was he banned or anything? What's going to prevent him (or folks that he knows) from doing this again? Plus, I doubt any pizza restaurant would keep any kind of credit card number on file .... customer information such as address and phone numbers, etc. I can see, but not sensitive information such as card numbers ...

Woot! 700th Post!!
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Presumably the boss's boss must realize that there's no way you charged the wrong card unless he gave you the wrong card...

Can I come to wherever you are and slap that guy upside the head?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth 111111 View Post
            He explains that one of his credit cards was maxed out, so he ALWAYS uses the green credit card to pay for things. We, however, must have charged his silver credit card.
            Ok, this is a big huge steaming pile of logic fail right here.

If he always uses his green card, how the hell would you even know that he has the silver card, much less what the number is?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, but it's all about "creating memorable moments", dontcha know. He'll tell all his friends and family how accommodating and customer-friendly the pizza place is.

Yeah right. If he does tell them anything, it's going to be about his ability to get whatever he wants.

Betcha the corporate suit who gave this the green light just graduated from some college somewhere and has no restaurant experience. And he also started most of his days at college trying to figure out what hole in his shirt his head goes through.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The proper phrase is......

"The customer is always wrong, it is our job to explain why"

Quoth 111111 View Post
                Therefore he called HIS boss. What with one thing and another, this pathetic, idiotic, piece of trash got his way. Our company paid for his meal that day AND the charges for going over his limit.

Some lawyer type settled this case for nuisance value. As in "here is your human excrement filled pizza, hope you choke on it" versus taking an hour to argue the lack of validity stated by the customer.
                Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-06-2008, 03:14 AM. Reason: merged
                SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth StevieJD
                  Some lawyer type settled this case for nuisance value. As in "here is your human excrement filled pizza, hope you choke on it" versus taking an hour to argue the lack of validity stated by the customer.
                  That's part of the problem. Unfortunately some SCs know that a company would rather cave than go through sh-t trying to prove the company is in the right. i mean I can understand it in some respects, but it just encourages sucky behavior.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                    Plus, I doubt any pizza restaurant would keep any kind of credit card number on file .... customer information such as address and phone numbers, etc. I can see, but not sensitive information such as card numbers ...
                    Nice thought, but actually very wrong, and a couple years ago, I had the proof. There was a pizza joint I ordered from regularly. In fact, many of my friends, roommates, and their friends ordered from the same place. Most of them just used their cell phones as the point of contact when asked for a number. I usually used the land line. One time, friend forgot his phone, so used said land line, but his credit card.

The pizza is delivered, but there's a small issue with payment. The number on the slip doesn't match the number on the card presented. No biggie, driver doesn't care, runs friend's card. After the driver leaves, friend looks at the slip and says "Wow, I have no clue who's number that is." And he just leaves the slip on the table. I check, and it was MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER. So yes, some pizza places DO keep your info, including card numbers.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Oh, but it's all about "creating memorable moments", dontcha know..
                      Oh god I hate that buzz-phrase that the suits gave us occasionally. It even seeped into the theming of our display window, that each time a customer looks at it they should be remembering it to tell to other people.

Regardless, this doesn't surprise me in the least, as long as the mantra continues to prevail amongst retail and fast food.
                      - Boochan

Comment

too bad no corporate suit is issued a set of cajones when they start at their position; if they were, idiots like this would see more 'to the curb' kicking, rather than freebies for their stupidity.

i can dream can't i?
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I have to say on this one. An SC gets the over limit CC fee and his meal paid for even though it was his fault for being a moron and using the maxed out card and going over his limit instead of the other one.
                          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-06-2008, 05:14 AM.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                            "The customer's always right" has been wrong ever since it was first introduced as an advertising ploy.

If it was true, I could walk into a grocery story and say "everything here is free there deliver it to X without any charge" and I'd have it delivered without question (after all, if being loud and obnoxious gets you one item free, why not everything?).

All that saying does say is "treat us like crap. the crappier the better for you'll get better stuff -- oh and be sure to wipe that dog crap on your show on the employee's nose on your way in, or out, your preference."
                            As regular employees they made sure to train us to learn that the customer is not always right, sadly they did not train management that way.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              And he also started most of his days at college trying to figure out what hole in his shirt his head goes through.

I got one hell of a hilarious mental image. That image also includes the word "fail" in giant letters.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X