Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that medicaid patintes (customers) say and do..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
    The people one sees "living large" on state benefits (and we have plenty of them over here as well) are fleecing the system. Either they are claiming benefits to which they are not entitled, or they are living off the proceeds of criminal acts. You and i may resent having to clip coupons to pay our grocery bills, whiile these people flounce around with manicures and LV bags, but at least we don't panic when the doorbell rings.
    I really don't think these entitlement b*tches do, either. After all, these are *entitlement* programs they're milking, and they're obviously entitled (or so goes their "thought" process).

I'm sorry to say I have cousins who are professional welfare recipients and consider working "stupid".
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'm a SAHM too, but I was not offended because I have met the type your talking about. They have to rub it in that they don't have to work. it came down to a choice work and spend my whole paycheck on daycare or stay at home. We chose stay home. We are lucky to have that choice.
      http://leae.livejournal.com/

Comment

I have to say I totally agree...if you are so bad off that you can not even wok then please tell me how you have that new razor phone and driving that brand new car. Because I work hard and guess what i have a track phone with no minutes (for the last six months) and I struggle to pay my bills. I understand exactly what you are saying...At Home is not a job so why put it if you aren't bring in income then you are unemployed plain and simple no one is saying that being a parent isn't a job in itself but technically it isn't a job. I don't quite understand public assistance sometimes because I make way below the poverty level yet i am not eligible fo assistance yet those who do not work keep having children do....makes no sense...that's how I feel and there is little anyone can say to change my mind about that...My father raised Four children by himself worked two jobs and had 0 public assistance!

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
          Wellbutrin XL (once a day dosing) doesn't have a generic, but check with your doctor about the appropriateness of Wellbutrin SR, since that one does. It's a twice per day dosing, and if you don't have prescription coverage, it may not constitute much of a savings becaue you take it twice per day, thus having to buy double the amount of pills. If you do have insurance coverage, check with your carrier about what the cost would be, or have your friendly pharmacy tech run a test claim for you.
          My doctor and I have tried just about every anti-depressant on the market, including Wellbutrin SR. A combo of Wellbutrin XL and Celexa are the only meds I can tolerate without becoming ill.

Comment

My, oh my! What a story that is! It about sums it up, too. I used to work in a specialty group at the phone company that dealt with these type of people. As you said, not all of them are thieves and many are legitimately receiving these benefits. However, when I dealt with it, it was to give these people a break on their phone service. They had to prove to us they were on it by sending in their information. What burned the hell out of me were the ones I would come to, and they had everything on their phone account that I myself could not afford without going broke. For example, I had a lady who faxed in everything we needed, and when I pulled up her account, she had the area wide long distance plan, five pagers, DSL service, and a cellular phone! The credit is $13.50 per month for those that qualify, yet this woman was able to afford the velvet gloves Queen of the Earth phone service! Even I can't afford all of this on my line, yet this woman and others like her can. What was even more upsetting is the fact that if these people do not pay their phone bill, they cannot be shut off for non payment, and many of these people know that.

Kudos to the ones who try to pull their own weight! Now let me go scrape the scum off the bottoms of my shoes, the same scum that these other people are!

Comment

Quoth Hempress View Post
              My doctor and I have tried just about every anti-depressant on the market, including Wellbutrin SR. A combo of Wellbutrin XL and Celexa are the only meds I can tolerate without becoming ill.
              Bummer. Ah well, at least you can get the Celexa as a generic....

Comment

Dont forget about PPARX.org...or RXhope.org

Talk to your doctor and ck those websites..you may be eligible for pharm assistance from the mfg of the drugs.

For the last 3 years I've used it, going to school, no insurance. And thank god. Cuz I sure as hell dont want my seizures starting again.

Good luck.

Cutenoob
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I also meant to point out something about the medicaid recipients who seem to be able to afford luxuries and seem to be able to do strenuous exercises they reported they could not do previously. A former neighbor of mine, God let her rot in hell, is on Medicaid and is a former nurse. She was declared unfit to work due to medical ailments, and shortly afterward, it was everyone else's fault but hers. It turned out every time she had medical problems, she would refuse the doctor's orders and do things she was not supposed to do.

Several times, we would see her outside mowing her lawn as well as edging and weedeating it. Also, one day the HOA sent her a note about a huge plastic shed she had on the outside of her house, forcing her to remove it. She was out there, with her boyfriend, pushing this large and heavy object through her grass and into her garage, obviously with no problems at all.

Not only that, but at one time she came over bawling and crying that the phone company shut off her phone for not paying the bill, and wanted me to do something about it since I worked there. My wife and I both went out of our way and got her restored, even after hours. Turned out her rich aunt and uncle south of her always just give her money whenever she has a financial issue, whether it's $1,000 or $1 million. They never make her pay it back. How do I know this? Because she bragged to us about it one day in her f***** up state of mind while under heavy medication!

These are the people who make it difficult for the legitimate claims to go through, the people who really need it. Why do these people think they're entitled to free money when they're able to work and perform feats, as well as afford luxuries the rest of us cannot afford?

Comment

Medicaid

I get Medicaid for my kids, luckily, but I can't get it for myself because I'm working. I've been told that I would have to make less than a certain amount per month to qualify. So, I'm basically making too much to get medi, but not enough to afford regular insurance. That really sucks.

It irks me too when I seen women who do have it and still have the LV hand bags, designer jeans, and RAZR phones.

Comment

Working...
                    X