This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utopia

Steel says "I have the information in my data banks, but you realize it would do no good currently? The IDP does not exist at this time, so any corrupt IDP members would also not exist? I think our efforts would be better focusing on saving as many lives as possible?

Venus

Valzar makes it about a foot then feels something pressing against his side. He sees a staff of some sort there, and there is a female attached to it. "I would rethink that." She does not sound menacing or anything, she seems to be just stating a fact.

Kiki nods. "I too would like to see this war ended. At one time I would have as soon killed a man as look at him, but I grow tired. It is not as simple as it may seem. Though I am Queen, we still exist as a democracy. While my words hold a lot of weight, it is still put to a vote. My people tell me the only way they will agree to the war ending is if the Federation agrees to some concessions. The first and foremost being that no more male Ambassadors are assigned, and second that the one that demanded an apology be turned over to us. We have told the Federation this, they do not respond. There is a second way, but I can not help you there. An outsider representing the Federation would have to defeat our champions in fair one on one combat."

Sapputiyok realizes that nobody knew how the Uranians stopped the war. It was done behind closed doors, and that might be how they did it. Faced and defeated the champions. Xe could of course turn into a Uranian and face the champions. The Federation would see the demand for the Ambassador as a terrorist threat, and not negotiate.. even if it meant losing the war.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Valzar responds to the woman, "I just need to find a restroom. This has been a lot of surprises and I wish to splash some water on my face and regroup, so to speak."
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Okay. Now what?

Comment

• Venus The woman seems unfazed "Do not worry, it looks like it will be lively enough to wake you up here soon." She taps the staff to your chest. "You are lucky that Mistress Kiki is allowing you to keep your .. I want to say helmet.. on." She seems to not be sure of the correct word. "Let alone this .. suit. I would advise not pressing your luck."

Utopian

Steel seems to consider. "We go to war. The objective of which is actually to save lives, not take them. The more people die, the harder it will be to stop the war. Accessing our shared memories, Strongarm had an arsenal. We might be lucky and it still exist. I say we go get it, and save some lives."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok agrees to represent the Federation and battle Venus' champions.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Well, so long as the bad guys REALLY ARE bad guys...

Comment

• Utopia

[I]"In war, there usually is not a clear cut bad guy. One persons hero might be anothers villain. Our goal is not to kill others, but to stop them from killing each other."

One of the Utopians approaches. "It may not come to that. We have word, one of your partners has agreed to face the champions of Venus. It might be a good idea if you were there to lend moral support. We have arranged transportation if you wish? Mostly outsiders are not welcome during these times, but they will agree to them having a 'second' to help them prepare."

Venus
                Such a challenge turns into a spectacle. You are taken to an arena inside one of the buildings. There is a council there, maybe 200 Venetians, to witness the combat and make sure it is fair combat. They offer you your choice of weapons, and have a wide variety. You know that you will need no weapons. You are also allowed two hours to prepare.

Comment

• Sapputiyok asks whoever is showing xer around the arena for the terms of combat. "What are the conditions for victory? Are there any limits on what I may do? How many champions will I have to face? How long will this take? I have to rescue someone from non-existence when this is done."
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                    Sapputiyok asks whoever is showing xer around the arena for the terms of combat. "What are the conditions for victory? Are there any limits on what I may do? How many champions will I have to face? How long will this take? I have to rescue someone from non-existence when this is done."
                    "If you are winning there is two options for you. You can spare your enemy, or not. As long as it is a one on one fight you may do whatever you can to win. You will face one champion.. our strongest. As for how long it will take, no offense to you, but it shouldn't take long."

Comment

• Colt nods, "Okay, can you teleport me to Sapputiyok's general location?"

Comment

• Utopia

They nod. "We must warn you that it is a female run planet that view men as little more then cattle. You may not be too welcome there in that form. However, if you activate Steel.. they might not know your gender, and might not be quite so .. hostile. When you are ready, step through the portal." They press a few buttons on an arm band and a blue portal opens up about 10' from you.

Comment

• Steel, I hope you can do space armor...

Once Steel was done, Colt stepped through the portal.

Comment

• Sapputiyok says, "I need no more time to prepare. I am ready."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• ((See OoC about Steel))

Venus - Colt/Steel

You arrive on Venus, but for some reason nobody pays you any attention. You pass not a foot away, and it is as if you do not exist. Regardless if they think you male or not, since the combat is supposed to be viewed by Venetians they normally would stop you. ((Your character of course has no clue about that, but would notice that they seem not to see him at all))

Venus - Valzar

Your suit does its analyzing, and it is sort of impressive that not a single weak person is anywhere in the arena. Some even have high enough powers to not be able to be measured. Because of your suits ability, you do notice that one person can not seem to be seen 'normally' but there is a readout about them and they can be seen under other wavelengths. Nobody else seems to notice this figure.

Venus - Sapputiyok Battle Part I

It is a very .. interesting feeling when you become a Uranian. All biological processes stop. You can feel that you are crystalline like to your very core, and such things as nerves and such do not exist (which means you also do not feel pain). It looks and feels like ice, but yet you know it is not quite that. Not even Uranian seem to know WHAT however.

The battle is a bit .. odd. As Uranians are defensive in nature, you wait for your foe to make the offensive moves. One would think that being crystal that you would move somewhat mechanically, but your moves seem to just flow. It is like time slows down. Every blow you deflect, and use the energy of the blow against your foe. Any blows landed on you are just glancing, and because of your body you feel nothing. Even the glancing blows would crush most organic beings or at least slow them down, but you do not tire or need rest. Since you land no offensive blows, however, your foe doesn't seem to be tiring or hurting either. It is like the irresistible force meeting the immovable object. Something will have to change, or this fight could go forever. Every moment spent, however, means more people die.

Comment

• *to self* I don't know what that thing is, but it probably shouldn't be there. *goes to investigate anomaly*
                                Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Working...
                                X