Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband and I don't live anywhere near Oregon, so we won't be attending the memorial. But at the time that it's being held, we will be role playing with some friends of ours. I think Plaid was an avid role player, so I'll ask our group to share a moment of silence for him.

Comment

• I will be getting my oil changed around that time. If I lived in the area I would go but I will be thinking of him as I wait for my car.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I just found out before work and now have time to reflect. I want to scream. I want to rage. I want to demand "WHY?!!"

But I can't.

As hard as life is, he had it worse. As bad as people made this world, they made it worse for him.
        I wish I knew him in person. I wish I could stand and be strong for him when the world caved in on him. I wish...

God damnit....I just wish......
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

• Nurian, I know exactly how you feel. I did know him. I got to sympathize with the pain first-hand, and while that was hard, this is harder.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• RIP Plaidy

I remember having conversations on fb from time to time and how he always incorporated meow into our chats

Gonna miss you mate.
            I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

• Quoth Marmalady View Post
              This keeps running through my head - it was read out at the funeral of another friend, I don't know where it comes from.

Thou goest this night to thy home of winter,
              To thy home of autumn, of spring and of summer.
              Thou goest this night to thy perpetual home,
              To thine eternal bed, to thine eternal slumber.
              Sleep, my love, and away with thy sorrow,
              Sleep, love, sleep, and away with thy sorrow.
              What a beautiful poem. I just had to Google it. I found it here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/wmn/bog/bog12.htm.

I don't know if it is a real sacred text, or a poem written in that style, but it is a beautiful poem.1`

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              We've had some confirmation. We know that it was suicide. The details are something I don't want to discuss, but some of you already know them. If you do, I'll trust you to not share them openly.
              I don't know the details and I don't want to know. If Plaid had felt comfortable enough before hand to contact me, then I would have wanted to know so I could try to help.

Not now. Not after the fact. I hope those details remain confidential. I don't need or want to know them.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
                RIP Plaidy

I remember having conversations on fb from time to time and how he always incorporated meow into our chats

Gonna miss you mate.
                He had a habit of doing that.
                meow was his catch phrase after a while, and his nick-nick name Plaid-Kitty...because of the meowing
                I'd swear he really would do it in actual conversations too. I hope Themla and new kitty are ok

Comment

• I'm mourning Plaid in my own way.

(On St. Patrick's Day, I used this for my facebook status -- Well raise a glass and think of me -- from Drink the Night Away by Gaelic Storm and I've been listening to it and thinking of Plaid. Now to get some drinkables in a glass...)

If anyone needs another person to talk to, I'm here a couple of times a day, and I'm on Facebook and I have unlimited texts. I'm (still) unemployed, so I'm available just about whenever.

PM me for info, if you'd like.
                  Last edited by Becks; 07-01-2011, 12:25 AM.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Midnight12 View Post
                    He had a habit of doing that.
                    meow was his catch phrase after a while, and his nick-nick name Plaid-Kitty...because of the meowing
                    I'd swear he really would do it in actual conversations too. I hope Themla and new kitty are ok
                    I remember when he posted about new kitty - his name is Louis. Thelma and Louis..I loved that.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                      Oh, I was not at all saying that I am or should be the only number anyone calls. I may be arrogant, but I'm not THAT full of myself. I think it's great that we have several numbers available for CS members that may feel they need them, whether it be the various very awesome hotlines, Kara's, mine, whoever's. I just wanted to make sure people knew I was absolutely serious about this.
                      Not a bad idea by a long shot, Jester.

Some of you have me on your FB page. If you'd like to keep up with me via FB, send a request and let me know you're from CS.

For those who'd like to chat by phone, I'm available via cell phone (just send me a PM with your contact info and I'll send you mine.)

I don't text though . . . can't seem to get the hang of it, so I don't have that on my plan (have plenty of rollover minutes that I haven't used up yet though.)

Just when I'm at work, I'm unavailable (my hours can sometimes vary due to retail life.) But you can leave a voicemail and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able to.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I'm trying to get in a more positive frame of mind.....today has been hell. But I thought I would list out a bunch of stuff I know he liked....

Cats
                        Bar food
                        Incense
                        Batman
                        Texting
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                          I'm trying to get in a more positive frame of mind.....today has been hell. But I thought I would list out a bunch of stuff I know he liked....

Cats
                          Bar food
                          Incense
                          Batman
                          Texting
                          Superman
                          sometimes asian food?
                          D&D style gaming
                          RPG games
                          making kids smile
                          making others smile

Comment

• I too offer my deepest and heartfelt condolences to Plaidman's family and friends.

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Strange coincidence: The songs posted between when Plaid left & we found out here:

06-27-2011, 12:03 PM MDT
                            The Isle of the Dead - Rachmaninov
                            06-27-2011, 01:41 PM MDT
                            Isle Of Eternal Despair (Upon The Boiling Sea Pt. 3) - 3 Inches Of Blood
                            06-27-2011, 02:31 PM MDT
                            Gloom Despair And Agony On Me - Roy Clark, Grandpa Jones, Gordon Tapp & Archie Campbell
                            06-27-2011, 07:04 PM MDT
                            You Belong To Me - Jason Wade
                            06-27-2011, 08:13 PM MDT
                            First You Cry - Maura O'Connell
                            And I posted two of them. They were all posted in that order, one after the other.

I also offer my ear to any who need to talk. I'm just a PM away, and am in the Washington, DC, area.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• As always, I am available to listen.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgcoBKWTW14

I don't know if anyone has posted this previously, it's "Into the West" by Annie Lennox (from the LOTR films), one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I listen to it every Samhain (Oct 31 for those who don't know) as a tribute to lost loved ones.

Anyway, this is for you Plaidman. “Rest, my brother, in the arms of the gods. You live on in my heart, loved, honored, remembered. Be at peace. Be at peace.”
                                Last edited by Ree; 07-01-2011, 03:04 AM. Reason: Fixed link
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X