Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always hard to lose a family member, especially a parent -- something I know too well with both my parents. I wish you and your family strength and blessings for this coming Friday.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      It's always hard to lose a family member, especially a parent -- something I know too well with both my parents. I wish you and your family strength and blessings for this coming Friday.
      He chose cremation, so I don't know how I'm going to react to the fact that there's a small box instead of a casket.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

So since my dad was cremated, I found a YouTube video on what happens during the cremation process. I now know more than I probably really wanted to about cremation.

It's here, if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSFX-hFgIk

Also, I was a touch surprised that his cremains were in a plastic box inside a cardboard box. And that's how they were buried.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

My dad is currently in the guest room closet. When we purchase a house in the next couple years we are going to plant a tree, and plant him with it 🙂. Then when this cat of his dies (they were BFFs, I even included him in the obit) we will bury him under the tree.

In Japan, cremated remains are laid out and the family goes through them with chopsticks to pick out the larger bits of bone. I was reading a book about a British woman who was killed in Tokyo, and after her cremation her bewildered family was ushered in to do this. Her father was the only one who stayed and he said he found the process comforting.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

When my Mother died, my Dad held on to her remains. He was going to scatter her over the north face of Scotts Bluff. He died before he could do so.

Now, I have five sibling. It is almost impossible to get us to agree on anything. So it was decided to split both of their remains between the six of us. I have two pencil bags, each with a portion of my parents remains. We did all agree that my Mother would have approved of the colors that were chosen for the bags. Now to figure out what I am going to do with them.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              Now to figure out what I am going to do with them.
              Scatter them both over Scotts Bluff. That way they'll be together and you'll have honoured your father's intentions. Maybe you'll even be able to persuade some of your siblings to join you.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
              X