This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole Foods resignation

This resignation letter is truly epic. I hope the writer has another income stream lined up...for his sake.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I gotta agree with the intro on a few things. Yes, it does matter if you're 20 minutes late. You may very well be inconveniencing someone else whose shift is done but can't leave until you get there. Or they can leave, but it screws up someone else's assignment because they are covering for you so other work doesn't get done. Besides, most employers prefer to have reliable employees. Being late (often enough that it's apparently worth including in the letter) tells them that you're a flake.

Oh, you want us to politely call and let you know if we'll be late... but you'll still write us up when we arrive? Kind of a dick move, guys.
    This one needs more info. Did you call with a reasonable excuse and get written up on the first offense? Then yeah, kind of a dick move. Did you call for the 5th time this month because you didn't hear your alarm? Grow up.

Then I got to all the little personal notes to specific people and I got bored.
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had a few people like the letter writer when I was at the watch store....they didn't last long.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

It seems they though WF was different in some special environmental/social justice/whatever way then every other corporation and found out, that no matter what they say, making money, following government regulations and corporate rules to CYA is the same everywhere.

Comment

The person did make some good points but the poor grammar and sentences were aggravating.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

There are a couple linked articles at the bottom of the original... responses by other WF employees, along with the original letter writer. Worth reading before deciding how you feel about the letter........
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Whole Foods sounds like the kind of place I'd go out of my way to avoid. A gussied-up Walmart hiding behind a veneer of environmentalism and social responsibility as a way to charge higher prices.

Plus, to borrow a Marge Simpson quote, I can't afford to shop anyplace that has a philosophy.

As for the letter writer, I think he was probably a poor employee who vented in epic fashion and happened to strike a nerve.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I only know of one Whole Foods near me; I used to pass by it when I was still with Ex and worked at Store2. I stopped in there once or twice just to see if it was all it was cracked up to be. I don't live near it anymore and it's definitely not a place I'd go out of my way for.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I read some of the links, and apparently a bunch of employees helped write the letter, he was just the one willing to take the blame. And somebody said that he meant to say twenty seconds late, not minutes. I think he has a right to be frustrated, but if he's going to write a letter he should at least phrase it in a way that's going to get through to management. He handled it wrong.
                  No, Buzz. I AM your hotdog in pajamas!
                  sewingwithmermer.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                  X