This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hil-freaking-larious!

A while back, Weird Al Yankovic parodied Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" as "Perform This Way," and it was hilarious. However, when I first got wind of it, he had not yet done the video, he just had the song done (some issues with Gaga's management, though apparently SHE loved the parody). In any case, today I thought I'd take a look, and sure enough Al has done the video, and it's just as hilarious, if not more so, than the song itself.

Check out the song here, and if you need help with the lyrics, you can find them here. Also, pay attention to the "guest appearances" by Madonna, especially the second one where she starts singing "Express Yourself." Definitely among Weird Al's finest work!

Enjoy! And whatever you do, don't be drinking or eating while you watch this....your monitor and keyboard will thank you!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Weird Al has always been consistent. He's going on what, 30 years now? How many performers can say that?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I had the pleasure of seeing Weird Al perform live a couple years ago. That was seriously the most fun I've ever had at a concert!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Saw Wierd Al in concert a couple of years back... Was about 12 feet away from him when he was walking down the aisle during one of his songs, can't remember which one... And then this lady smacked him on the ass.

Comment

We saw him perform last month, and yes he does wear that giant peacock costume.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I am very tempted to go see him in Orlando or Tampa in early October.

By the way, for those not familiar with the whole story of the "Perform This Way" song and video, it's actually quite funny, and you can read it on Weird Al's blog here. Make sure you click the update on the bottom for "the rest of the story."

Quite amusing, I thought.

Still A Customer."

Comment

some issues with Gaga's management, though apparently SHE loved the parody
              Actually not surprising.... from what I've heard many celebs are actually easy going about fun stuff (or easier going than what you'd expect)... the hard part is getting the idea past the agent or management.

Comment

Very true Pepper. Most artists seeit as a badge of honour of sorts, an indication that they're truly successful. A few have even been quoted as when they get parodies by Al, they have finally "made it".

Coolio is the only one I can think of that was displeased by it.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  Very true Pepper. Most artists seeit as a badge of honour of sorts, an indication that they're truly successful. A few have even been quoted as when they get parodies by Al, they have finally "made it".

Coolio is the only one I can think of that was displeased by it.
                  Yea and Atlantic Records didn't take too kindly on Wierd Al's parody of James Blount's "You're Beautiful" the parody is "You're Pitiful" . What I thought was cool was how Weird Al donated the proceeds to the Human Rights Campaign charity (since Born This Way is a gay anthem).
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    A few have even been quoted as when they get parodies by Al, they have finally "made it".
                    Nirvana, for one.

Still A Customer."

Comment

and sometimes the parodies actually make the original song more popular.

like "white & nerdy"...

Comment

Working...
                      X