Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a customer, so I can shit in your tasting room.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a customer, so I can shit in your tasting room.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this. It's an outside link to a Yelp review that just smacks of douchebaggery. Therefore, I didn't see the SC directly, but I know the place of which he's speaking.

Anyhoo, I Yelp about wineries a lot, since wine tasting is a hobby of mine. Some of these establishments try to cater to families with kids. (I don't necessarily agree with this, but that's definitely best left to Fratching). This particular place I Yelped about has a "kids corner," which is what the D-bag was commenting on. There seemed to be suck on both sides...apparently the staffer gave his wife the "evil eye" because she had to clean up after the kids. The staffer claims to spend half an hour cleaning up said toys. Yeah, that's annoying, but it was the winery's choice to have the stupid kiddie corner. They're kids, what do you expect? And I've seen the place...there's really not a whole lot of toys, not enough to spend half an hour cleaning. However, what the dude said next left me flabbergasted. (He has hundreds of Yelps, BTW, so I'm pretty sure this ain't a troll):

Quoth Douchebag
    With the sub-par wine, nasty looks flashed at my boys and for the lecturing of my wife, my friends and I will NEVER return to Pearmund. We are your customers and if I drop trou, take a sh*t in the middle of your lobby I expect you to clean it up with a smile on your face and then THANK me by saying "Please come again sir".
    I mean, WTF???!!! I'm so glad a bunch of other Yelpers trashed him. Here's the full link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pearmund-cellars-broad-run# It's the review from Antonio M. I hope to steer clear of whatever place him and his "monkeys" are at....
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Gosh he was a jerk, and why did he buy wine when he could get cheaper elsewhere if he disliked the winery so much? He is being a jerk in general and snobby trying to be a know it all about wine.
    Also, isn't it fairly normal practice for some wineries to occasionally use grapes from other places in their wines? Especially if they have a shorter growing season, bad season or just to use in a wine along with or without their own grapes? It's been close to 7 years since I had a wine grape growing lesson so I'm not entirely sure. (I learned a bit about growing and making wine in high school, along with tobacco growing, ah the wonders of agriculture schools).
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

If that guy's review is any indication of his parenting, then his kids are hellions who aren't held to any standards of behavior whatsoever because they're "special." Or they're "monkeys." Whatever. They probably got out of hand and exhausted the patience of the people staffing the play area.

Seriously, who refers to their children as "monkeys" anyway?

And he thinks words like "shit," "motherfucker," and "ass" are appropriate for an online review about a business? Those kids have are going to have a really colorful vocabulary someday, if they don't already.

If there was any suck on the winery's part, it was completely cancelled out by Antonio's obnoxiousness and entitlement exhibited in the review.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell of Yelp's rating system for reviews, his review is the most popular one. Heaven help us all.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If I would have had any sympathy for the guy, it was lost in the comment about crapping on the floor. Where do people get the attitude that that is an acceptable attitude? I'm sorry but Good customer service does not include bending to every whim of the customer.

Comment

I love that everyone after him is addressing his review and giving five stars. Abusive reviews can be flagged, too. All of us yelpers might want to try that.

Comment

I can understand if the clerk was rude about it but either way it ultimately comes down the the parent's duty of being responsible and cleaning up after THEIR kids. Just because somebody goes out in public to a restaurant, winery or what have you doesn't mean their responsibilities to their children ceases! If you pick up after yourself and your children at home, do it in public too! Don't think that you are entitled to have the clerks treat you like royalty and treat the clerks like lowly servants!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

More of a "Check it Out!" post.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                More of a "Check it Out!" post.
                My bad.

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
                Also, isn't it fairly normal practice for some wineries to occasionally use grapes from other places in their wines? Especially if they have a shorter growing season, bad season or just to use in a wine along with or without their own grapes?
                Definitely. Especially here in Virginia, where you're very likely to lose all your grapes to a frost.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                And he thinks words like "shit," "motherfucker," and "ass" are appropriate for an online review about a business? Those kids have are going to have a really colorful vocabulary someday, if they don't already.
                Yes....another generation of EWs in the making!
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

He MIGHT have some valid points but I owned that place and dropped trou for ANY reason, he would find his kids, his wife, my foot and several broken bottles up his ass.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I have to wonder, if the outdoor area was "bee infested", then why the hell did they hang around outside for "hours"?
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

i see others have responded to him.
                      i'm giving them good votes

Comment

Working...
                      X