X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great goggle review. LOL

So I wondered what if any reviews I might be in I get this gem-

I have mixed feelings about this dealership.... I scheduled a appointment to have a complete break job, I informed Joe from service that I have a limited lifetime warranty on my breaks, due to them being MOPAR, ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT. This means I NEVER PAY FOR THE BREAKS.. I PAY FOR LABOR ONLY... Joe stated he is not aware of this warranty and never heard of it. Told Joe how is that, when it's posted on CHRYSLER, JEEP, DODGE WEBSITE. Once again, he states never heard of it and needed to call Chrysler. In getting back to me, Joe states Chrysler states I dont have any such warranty. NOW, I tell Joe, once again, how is that, when it's on their website. I then email Joe the warranty from their website, and Joe states he needed to speak with his manager or supervisor, in getting back to me, Joe states he needed proof of the last break job I had that showed proof of purchase for the breaks. I had my dealership fax it to Joe. Arrived this morning for my appointment and Joe states he needed the receipt for the first break job I had done from 2013 in order for them to honor my warranty, YES! 6 years ago. I knew they would try it, so I had it and pulled it out my bag. The look on Joe's face. NOW he tells me I need a CALIPER.. 195 DOLLARS, including labor....a quick way to recoup the COST lost from the BREAKS, which are warranted. So, therefore I speak to BOB from the parts department. Asked him to confirm the pricing of the CALIPER, BOB states 200 DOLLARS...NOT including LABOR. HE NEVER LOOKED INTO THE SYSTEM, BECAUSE HE KNOWS THE PRICE OF EVERY PART THAT IS SOLD IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT OFF THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!. Some Advice to the GENERAL MANAGER, STOP ALLOWING YOUR BOTTOM LEVEL MANGERS AND EMPLOYEES TO RIP YOUR CUSTOMERS OFF. IF YOUR ESTABLISHMENT SUFFERS DUE TO LOW CUSTOMER VOLUMES AND LOW SERVICE REQUEST, IT IS NOT OUR FAULT. YOUR POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE WHAT CAUSES CUSTOMERS TO GO ELSEWHERE OR SEEK OUT LOCAL MECHANICS. ALSO, CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP HAS A UNIQUE WARRANTY ON ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT FOR BREAKS. STOP HOLDING BACK THAT INFORMATION AND MAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS AWARE. I FOUND OUT THROUGH MY DEALERSHIP IN SCRANTON. THEY WERE HONEST ENOUGH TO INFORM ME.

Yea that I know every price cause I only quoted one BRAKE caliper that day and still had it up in the system. Also this is unique in his mind- FCA has no clue and he had no proof.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

It sounds like your parts department called you for the caliper, then idiot-rage immediately called you for the same damn thing.
    And "It's on their website" ...Okay, exactly WHO has this on their website? Maybe you should go pester them for your free parts.

Comment

Lifetime brakes are a scam anyway. They sell you cheap brakes and you have to pay the labor to have them replaced every 6 months or so.
      Buy quality and have reliable brakes when you need them.
      I get people everyday that just say "give me the cheapest you got".
      Our brakes have a Limited Lifetime warranty against manufactures defects. I tell every customer that is DOES NOT cover normal wear and tear.
      And still I get people that buy brake pads have them changed and then bring the old ones in wanting their money back because the have "lifetime" brakes.

Comment

Found this on the Mopar website.

MOPAR® LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY ON VALUE LINE BRAKE PADS/SHOES, VALUE LINE SHOCKS/STRUTS AND VALUE LINE MUFFLERS INSTALLED ON VEHICLES OR SOLD OVER-THE-COUNTER FOR DO-IT-YOURSELF INSTALLATION PRIOR TO OCTOBER 1, 2014ealer Installed:The above Mopar® products were warranted against normal wear and defects for 12 months/12,000 miles for both parts and labor.Beyond 12 months/12,000 miles, your FCA US LLC dealer will replace the worn or defective product for as long as the customer owns the vehicle on which the products were originally installed and is, therefore, not transferable to a subsequent owner of the vehicle. This warranty does not cover labor charges or applicable taxes.Over-the-Counter or Wholesale:The above Mopar Parts sold over-the-counter or wholesale are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts (exchange) only.

Seems like a good deal. Parts and labor covered for 12 months/ 12,000 miles and parts only forever after that.

But notice it only covers parts sold before Oct 1,2014

Comment

Working...
        X