X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zappos is awesome!

I'm just in awe.

Bit of backstory - hubby has been a faithful Zappos customer since 1999, we've spent hundreds of dollars on shoes there, and we even have Christmas cards that were personally signed by office personnel. They rock.

Today hubby wanted to get me a new pair of boots as a 5th year anniversary gift. So we go to log in and get a password issue. Try to do a reset password - doesn't work, so hubby gives them a call.

Long story shortened - they reset the PW, and hubby got to talking for about an hour with the customer service rep about Zappos and how great they are and how they have gone above and beyond for us (hubby has weird feet, and often has to order 2-3 sizes of a boot/shoe to get the right fit, they NEVER mind and let him send back the wrong sizes). As hubby is about to say goodbye, the customer service rep says he hasn't had such a great chat with a customer in a long time, and says "Merry Christmas, there's a $100 credit on your account."

Wow. Just, wow.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Yeah, I really liked them, my orders would get here in 3 days. Awesome. Then they decided not to accept PayPal anymore, and claimed this was somehow going to be "more convenient" for their customers. I don't have a credit card. Bye-bye Zappos.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Yeah, I really liked them, my orders would get here in 3 days. Awesome. Then they decided not to accept PayPal anymore, and claimed this was somehow going to be "more convenient" for their customers. I don't have a credit card. Bye-bye Zappos.
      Couldn't you use a pre-paid credit card?
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Some ecommerce sites don't play nice with prepaid cards; it's some sort of security/verification thing, not sure on the details.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I usually like Zappos, but the last couple of times I tried to order from them, my browser wouldn't load their website properly. :-(

Comment

Working...
          X