This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I online?

Since this doesn't affect my experience at this site, I'm not worried if anyone can 'fix' or even explain this but hère is what I saw recently on one page of one thread:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	2033575
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

And this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	2030442

Comment

Hmm, doesn't look like a serious issue. Did you get to the first screenshot by logging into the forum and going there, or by following a notification of subscribed thread email?

Rapscallion

Comment

No, from within the thread I hit quick reply, typed my reply, and posted, which brought me back to the thread, showing my reply, and the fact that I was offline. Scrolling up to check my first reply showed that I was online. Scrolling back down to my newest reply, I was offline. I wasn't too worried, it just struck me as curious.

Comment

Odd, but I don't think it mission critical. Thanks for the heads up!

Rapscallion

Comment

A few times (none recently) I've been browsing threads that said I was offline. IIRC, there was an explanation a while back - some sort of timing issue. Don't recall the details.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've had the same thing happen to me a few times, though for me it was all while I was browsing on my phone. CS is my site of choice to browse while I'm not connected to wifi due to the lack of ads and me trying to keep my data usage under control, so I browse from my phone quite a bit while I'm out and about but waiting on something. Anyway, I just blew it off to some quirk with 4G or something.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
              X