Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial 211 now. Most areas have a 211 line--it is an emergency line for information about shelters, food pantries, and other assistance in your area, and it is toll free. Hopefully, they have something that can help. Also, you might try taking out a title equity loan on your car if you have one that you own free and clear--this is helping me pay my rent right now until my first grants for school come in.

Comment

So. I've got $200 to play for a $259 per week hotel room.

I need about 6 weeks before money from my mom will be here to help me.

I don't even know wtf...how the hell is this going to work?
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm here for you.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Take that $200 and use it to get to one of the offered couch spaces. Ideally one where the job market for someone of your skills is actually viable.

Start over, there.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Do you have a car with a free and clear title? Another option is a title loan or a title equity loan. Title loans are fast and dirty and have to be paid off within six months, usually at insane interest rates, but they can get you emergency cash. A title equity loan is like a mortgage on your car; I just took one out myself to pay living expenses while I try to get into school and get loans. They can have much longer terms and payments can be reasonable, about the same as car payments on a modest car, and would give you cash for rent. More importantly, they can be approved and have the money to you in as quick as a couple days. www.helpingloans.com is where I got my loan--if you own a car free and clear, check there.

Comment

Trouble is, I don't own a car. I don't know what else I could use. A couple possessions spring to mind, but I...I don't know.

I'm working on a business loan that will help me pay for my needs also, but that'll take something like a month to make happen. But that one will have better interest rates, I'm sure of it.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Phoenix, I'm so sorry. I just saw all of this. I have nothing more to offer than *hugs* and prayers. I understand being suicidal. That's my default mode these days. I also see a bunch of people gathering around you, albeit virtually, who care and who want to help you in very real ways. Please consider me among the ones who care and want to see you stay with us.
                The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                X