perfume
    remote control holder/organizer
    socks
    undies
    chocolates
    PJ's
    memo pad with pen
    assorted really cool stocking stuffers
    gravy boat (funny story about that - when my husband was alive, one year he broke my favourite crystal gravy boat and every year after that, he always bought me a gravy boat for Christmas - my daughter bought it as a bit of a joke this year)
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

We all got pretty awesome stuff this year.

Dad

~From Mom and me, several pairs of pants and some nice shirts. He's always talking about how he doesn't have enough of either, especially the pants (several of the ones he has now are full of holes). Also from Mom, he got two tins of deluxe mixed nuts, a special kind of washcloth that's specifically for washing your face, a little bag of chocolate coins, and, for his big present, a popcorn maker.

~From my sister and brother-in-law, he got two fleece vests and a new fleece jacket (which he badly needed)

~From himself, and this was partly for him and partly for Mom, he got a new microwave-and-oven unit. It's much nicer than our old one and the microwave has a convection setting, which the old one didn't have.

Mom

~Along with the microwave-and-oven, she got a new dishwasher. She's been begging for a new one because our old one is a piece of junk that doesn't work half the time. Thus, that was one of her big presents.

~From my sister and bro-in-law, she got a new fleece jacket and some yoga socks.

~I got her the official Cake Boss cookbook that has all the recipes for the stuff they make at Carlo's Bakery.

~Now, aside from the dishwasher, one of the other things that Mom has been saying for months that she really really wants is an iPad. I think her reaction when she unwrapped one of her boxes and saw the word 'iPad' was probably my favorite part of the morning. Dad ordered it for her when no one was looking.

My Sister and Brother-in-Law

~Mom and I got my sister a new set of paints and brushes. Her old one got thrown away on accident by the clean-up crew at the place where the wedding was held.

~For my brother-in-law, I knew months ago what I wanted to get him. He's as much of a bookworm as I am, so I got him a box set of the first three Dresden Files books.

~Also, we sent to them the Precious Moments Nativity set that belonged to my sister.

Myself

There were a few things that I already knew I was getting. Along with Mom's book, I also bought myself a few books (including a new one that just came out a few months ago that was written by Kevin Sorbo) and my obligatory two calendars (An Ireland calendar for next to my computer and a Doctor Who calendar for my bedroom). I was with my mom when she got me a few new pairs of underwear and some new gloves. Also, I had a suspicion that Dad was going to get me some new sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, which he did. There were several things that I got, though, that I wasn't expecting:

~From Mom, new Skullcandy headphones that have a built-in mic, an exfoliating glove for the shower, several pillowcases, and an iHome speaker that I'm still trying to figure out how it works. Oh, and chocolate coins.

~From my sister, two beautiful 500-piece puzzle sets. Also, she got me Sims 3 Pets, which is one of the very few Sims 3 EPs that I actually want.

~What I got from Dad surprised me the most, though. I hadn't even been hinting that I wanted it. He got me a new TV- A hi-def one. Which, really, means that they're getting a semi-new TV outta this deal too, because I'm giving them my old one that's really not *that* old.
      Last edited by firecat88; 12-25-2011, 10:46 PM.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Let's see...this is Kabe's and mine first Christmas together so...I'm gonna go with that being the best thing ever.

But in terms of goodies:

My parents gave us a nativity creche (considering they pretty much paid for the wedding I was surprised they got us anything)
        My brothers got us a $25 gift card to Olive Garden
        My friend Dru got us Doctor Who Monopoly
        His mom got us a PS3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, L.A. Noire, and a second controller. She gave him a drill with lots of bits. To me she gave some bath soaps and earrings and a necklace made of Connemara Marble.
        His sister gave us Lost in Shadow.
        My aunt Martha gave us the gift of prayer...a mass every month will be offered for us at Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
        My grandfather gave us $50.
        And my aunt Monica gave us some decorative towels for the kitchen that I'll definitely use next year!
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I got some new lucky coins for the new year...

That's all.

Comment

So much stuff

£40 Game card (woot more games for me)
            Sims Medieval
            Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
            Pyjamas
            Notebooks
            Pencils
            Charcoal pencils
            slippers with keyring
            two badges (hello kitty & a Gaming one)
            MLP Rarity
            Tin of sweets
            Two tins of biscuits
            Three different tins/boxes of chocolates
            Two Selection boxes
            Doctor Who DVDs that fill the gaps in my collection
            The Prisoner box set (original 60s)
            Petshop of Horrors DVD (Anime of the Manga I love Yes please)
            The Importance of Being Earnest (1952 version)
            Star Wars Lego (Ewok Attack set)
            Bath Stuff (several kinds)
            Steampunk Bible (beautiful book on steampunk culture)
            Steampunk stories book
            Simon's Cat high ball glass
            2 bracelets
            Cute little hot water bottle
            and a few other bit and pieces O_o

I think I did quite well...
            Last edited by Lady Legira; 12-25-2011, 09:40 PM.
            As soon as I start thinking
            That I'm sensible and sane
            The Random Hedgehog comes along
            And fiddles with my Brain
            (from card I got)

Comment

This year:
              A slushie mug. You freeze part of it, pour soda/stuff into it, immediately turns liquid into a slushie.
              A popcorn tin, about 18" tall.
              A box of herbs/peatmoss/pots for growing indoor herbs.
              A calendar of kittens
              A Santa candle with lots of glitter (glitter is ebil)

For my ex,
              I gave him a double batch of cookies
              Eggy and I created a tile for him

For my son, Eggy
              I bought an Elmo coloring book.
              I made a no-sew fleece blanket for him

For the little shits (affectionate, I promise) J lives with - 3 boxes of candy. hehe.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I got NCIS Season 3, 3 bags of weaving loops with a basket to keep them in, socks (which I asked for), $20-to go towards new jeans, scoops- for my flour and sugar containers, cookie sheets, and a few kitchen and bathroom odds and ends.
                "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Got:

Aunt 1
                  a pair of pants that are too big
                  a bottle of red sparkling grape juice

Uncle 1
                  a 15 pound rock

Cousin
                  Rizzo the Rat (Muppet) plush

Aunt/Uncle 2
                  a latch-hook craft kit that I already have with a latch hook tool (I bought the one I already had 5 years ago and got tired of working on it)
                  For Mom/Myself- $25 gift card to Chili's/On The Border and a $25 card for a movie theater. Mom said we wouldn't use either because she hates both restaurants, can't afford gas money, and would rather watch a movie at home where she doesn't have to deal with rude people and can pause it if she needs to.

Mom
                  a pair of shorts
                  a shirt

Co-workers
                  $45 to help pay medical bills from earlier this month. I had a cold and strep throat (missed 4 days of work + $125 to see the doctor and get meds), an allergic reaction that gave me a rash and made my eyelids swell up, and an ear infection.

Dogs
                  Having to clean up poop. I gave them a biscuit this morning for Christmas. One. When Mom came to take me to my Aunt's house she gave the dogs a bunch of different treats. They have sensitive tummies. The treats gave all three dogs the runs. We were gone eight hours and all of the dogs are over 50 pounds. Mom came in, looked at it, and told me that they were my dogs and I'd have to clean up after them. It took me over an hour to get everything cleaned.

I gave:

Aunt 1
                  Recipe box, journal, Coke-a-Cola oven mitt, painted Coke-a-Cola Santa ornament, a unicorn tile

Uncle 1
                  John Grisham book, James Bond book, sticker for his 4-wheeler, a model airplane kit, an airplane ornament

Cousin
                  Magnetic dry erase board with colored markers, 4 nerds rope, 2012 calendar, wall stickers, a pickle ornament, books, a Charlie the Unicorn magnet

Aunt 2
                  Recipe box, journal, Charlie Brown ornament, 3 vintage art prints featuring different wines, a wine/cheese tile

Uncle 2
                  DVD about WWII planes, a model airplane kit, an airplane ornament, a can of smoked almonds

Mom
                  3 puzzles, a Willow Tree keepsake box, a handmade elk ornament, a penguin glass cutting board/trivet

Co-workers
                  Cookies, Sleds made out of candy, and handmade snowmen ornaments

Comment

I got:

a cookie jar that looks like a zebra print purse
                    socks!! I love socks, and these were pretty ones, too
                    colored hair extensions and feather hair extensions (my mom likes giving goofy stuff, my sil got them, too)
                    Gift card for groceries
                    CO2 container for my soda stream
                    2 soda stream syrup flavors
                    gift card for Torrid
                    cookies
                    Cookies
                    chocolates
                    walmart gift card
                    good witch/bad witch mug (from the bestie, who knows I collect coffee mugs and had to get it)
                    8 more pages for the scrapbook of my kiddos (my mom does these, I have no talent for these types of things)
                    "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

I got nuthin' for Christmas. Guess I'm not presentable. (and I'm OK with that)

But my daughter took me out for dinner Christmas eve, after spending the day getting stoned doing stonework on her mom's new house.

Two meals worth of chicken/avacado club sandwich ... and she kept filching my fries... says I'm too fried as it is.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

not a big haul this year considering my TV was the big present...
                        • 47" TV
                        • an ice dragon figure
                        • a crazy hard puzzle
                        • $75 in Barnes and Noble gift cards for my nook
                        • $50 gift card to khols
                        • $25 card to amazon
                        • a food scrapper from my parents (been needing one for my breads)
                        • new bras
                        • a hand drawn dragon
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

The news that some of my siblings were NOT coming out today...found that out 45 fucking minutes ago, after waiting most of the day because we didn't know when they were planning on getting here.

Yeah.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Man, this Christmas was a long, tiring one!

Just got back from the family:

Brother got me misc things, best part was some black licorice I got him some Steelers goodies.

Parents got me gift cards (squee!) and some clothes/accessories that sadly do not fit.

I got my mom a faux-pandora bracelet, a book, and a CD of Irish tunes.
                            I got my dad some nice cooking knives and a DVD of "Planet Earth"
                            Got both of them a GC to a popular seafood placed with a giant lobster on the roof,

Edit: named the snow leopard the bf got the "Lhak-pa (wednesday's child or mercury) and the smaller one I got myself "pabu" (puffball) Good start to my new collecting obsession, ha
                            Last edited by Cat; 12-26-2011, 03:02 AM.
                            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Not a single thing. Spent the entire day alone, and have to work tomorrow (my birthday).
                              Oh well.

Happy holidays anyway :-)
                              Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. - Elbert Hubbard

Comment

Got some Eos sweet mint chapstick.
                                Socks!
                                A retractable mouse.

There was something else...something I can't quite remember...

Oh, yeah...a laptop!!!!!!! Thanks, Becks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X