X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do this weekend?

I hoovered several walls.

It's not as bizarre as it sounds. When we moved into the house we had to sand the floors (wooden floors thoughout the ground floor). I noticed this weekend while we were putting up shelves that there was a really odd sheen on the walls so I ran my hand over it - it came back covered in wood dust so I vacuumed the walls once I'd drilled them for the shelves.

So not only did I hoover the walls I also put up our first shelves and our first picture, we've lived here since May and we've only just got round to putting our first picture up!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

i went to the "Bridal Extravaganza" in my city on Saturday, walked around for several hours; after having gone to try on bridesmaid dresses....

sunday I stayed on my couch - i did good to hobble from my couch to the kitchen or bathroom (i have a 600sqft 1 bedroom apt)

today I still feel like i was beat with a stick.... *limps off to the blanket fort*
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I helped my Oldest get more settled into her house and played with Bug. So far we have found, mostly given to her, everything she needed to furnish her house with the exception of a Dryer and a full size bed for her bedroom.

Comment

Let's see...

Other than taking the MG out for a spin--it's first one of the new year--not much. But, at least it got me out of the house. Plus, since I wanted to clean up the garage a bit, as well as install the set of steel shelves 'liberated' from Grandma's basement...why not? While I was at it, several cardboard boxes were cut up, and hauled to the recycler. My garage is still somewhat of a mess, but at least I don't have to move things whenever I want to take the car out
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

you guys had more fun then we did. We spent weekend number 2 moving our old office (family business). We took a smaller office and all the extra crap has to go to storage. I hate desks.

Have one more weekend of moving the office and the hubby and I still have to move almost our whole house around to fit in the 3 desks we are bringing home.

One of the nice things about being family, we get first pick and whatever we want. Hubby and I are scoring the old server and a color laser printer

Fireproof filing cabinets suck.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

We went grocery shopping on Saturday...otherwise we pretty much stayed curled up on the couch. Both of us have been sick with colds and even cancelled our RPG group this weekend because we weren't feeling well.

Comment

I drew a picture of an owl: http://http://miss-misery1313.devian...wl-2-278370513
              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Let's see: Mr. Mis, the little guy and I all went to get hair cuts. I also got an eyebrow waxing, which the little guy finds fascinating to watch. He also kept going on and on about the dark circles under my eyes that are there from insomnia. I swear that boy doesn't know when to shut up.

I started looking for a new dentist that wouldn't leave me in pain because my insurance reached it's max for the year (Dec. 2011) I need two root canals done and my dentist said I would have to get it done and pay for it myself or suffer. I suffered so my children could have a Christmas. I have an appt. with a new dentist today.

I started reading the book "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" I haven't seen the movie. I figured I would read the book first.
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I ran my monthly flea market ....It's always on the first Saturday of the month and is at the local grange hall. Setup 20 tables, stayed at the flea market for about 9 hours and tore everything back down and cleaned up after.

I'm still exhausted today, two days later .
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I helped kill a phase spider.
                    I traveled with a freak show circus.
                    I agreed to be the defense attorney for Frankenstein's monster.
                    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I drove my mother to a town an hour and a half away for a surgical consultation, and then we filled our internal organs with chewed-up shrimp and peppers. That was Friday. The other two days I worked my normal shifts at Pit of Despair Manufacturing, Inc.
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Let's see...Khan and I went to the newly-renovated local library, and on Saturday night Husband and I watched "The Keep" (DON'T BOTHER!). Sunday Husband actually had a whole day off this week so I went grocery shopping, bought a few more necessary items for the house and got an Icee. We went for a couple walks and I scrubbed the kitchen floor. We are hardly exciting.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          What did you do this weekend?
                          I'm admitting nothing, but I might be happy and chafing.

Rapscallion

Comment

I had the kids babysat overnight on Saturday because they were better, and went out to a pool party, but didn't swim because I was worn out from the girls being sick for a week. It was awesome!
                            - I made dirty jokes with some of the guys that I'd just met, but had to explain some of them because they didn't think a girl would deliberately imply such things.
                            - I had a self-identified* gay guy attempt to put his hands inside my shirt within moments of meeting him. He then offered a lapdance and was weirded out when I said "Sure, as long as I can record it for my husband."
                            - I got to play with rats and cuddle with some really good friends.
                            - I had a different guy ask if my little brother was available and that made me happy, even though they aren't each other's 'type'. I know that it's something that will help cheer my brother up and give me some ammo for the next time that he's feeling down.

Sunday:
                            Rugz and I went out to lunch and coffee with a dear friend who is moving away. We went to a Brazilian BBQ place and dude, soooo much meat! Also - swords
                            We had coffee and looked at all the pretty houses out of the picture window, I love that area of town.

(* For clarification, when I said "Hi, nice to meet you" in a sarcastic tone and removed his hands from my shirt, he said "Oh, it's okay... I'm actually gay.")
                            Last edited by Mishi; 01-09-2012, 10:03 PM.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Umm, restocking the house with food after our trip, so we attacked the grocery store.

Other then that it was cleaning and watching the kids while lazybutt...err hubby played computer games.

Oh, almost forgot, sunday I had a shift in the church nursery. 19 kids this time. *shudder*
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X