X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this even happen?

Out of toner again.

I would hate to be the person that had to deal with that mess.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Quite simple, as I've heard it. You try to fit a new toner cartridge, and fail - perhaps you drop it - and it bursts open. Instant soot bomb.

Comment

Ask Dave1982.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        I wonder if it wasn't a photo relating to his story.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

If it's the model of copier I think it is, those damned toner cartridges are fragile. I've seen it. Not pretty and it's a pain in the ass to get the toner up.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Looks like the blower motor blew up.. looks like it could be one of two brands....

Comment

Ha...yeah that's a copier made by my company. No naming it publicly please!!

And yes, to the person who linked to my tale, that is pretty much what happened. The only differences were that the cartridge I broke was much smaller than the one that machine uses, and I was able to staunch the flow before very much spilled. My mess was MUCH less than this one and it was still horrible.

How can it happen? This is user error. Pure and simple. Someone did not follow the directions, which are right there inside the cover. It looks like someone tried to pull out the whole PCU instead of just the toner tray and broke it. That's probably actually developer that spilled, not toner, but they look the same and make the same mess, so it doesn't really matter.
              Last edited by Dave1982; 08-13-2014, 09:42 AM.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
              X