Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most "rules" in the English language, the split infinitive thing is just an arbitrary rule a bunch of schmucks decided needed to exist a little over 100 years ago or so.

It's a huge source of argument even, but I always live by the hard fast rule: If changing the order of the words doesn't change the meaning of the sentence then it was correct to begin with.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      no man
      You mean, Eowyn? I think she prefers to split Nazgul heads.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        You mean, Eowyn? I think she prefers to split Nazgul heads.
        Nope - my previous post was definitely NOT a LOTR reference.

Sauron's favourite pickup line: "What's a Nazgul like you doing in a place like this?"
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hey, he's bodiless, not dead...
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
          X