This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok NOW I can say yea new job

So I was out of work for the summer. I took 2 jobs, 1 weekend as a firearms inst and a weekday job as a porter a a dealership. details here- http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=112730

In the end I knew it was a shit job for shit money and shit hours. I made more on unemployment. Treated me as a dumbass and I loathed everyday. Plus it's hard to be an asst Scoutmaster looking to maybe take over as the Scoutmaster when the 1 night you have to work is the meeting night. Thankfully the wife stepped up and at least took him to events and meetings.

The AH-HAAAA
    My buddy tells me the wellpump/water conditioning supply house need a counter/warehouse guy. He vouched for me I talked to the owners and wa-la
    I got it! Mon-Fri 0730-1630, no weekends, no nights, no major holidays no vest or nametag or flair and starting $15/hr 50 cent raise after 2 months. reg reviews after that. I don't really know SQUAT about this, except what my buddy told me and I helped him a few times. But The boss man said, you used to fix fighters, you CAN learn this! It's not retail, just professional plumbers/complanies.
    So on working with cars.

I'm going to keep both for now till I recover or have a break down from working 7 days a week. Then again it's not like I've never did that before.

Funny part I gave gave notice, and I couldn't give a full 2 weeks, but a week and 1/2. The Dealership boss man asked if I committed and could he possibly match the offer. WTF, he knew I was there looking for a higher level job, but took what was aval. NOW he offers more to do what? Really for what the job is the pay is good, but I'm not fully retired looking for a reason to get out of the house 26 hr a week. Or some kid. In the end he couldn't meet me getting a normal work week.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 11-18-2015, 08:20 PM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Congrats! I bet you still end up with some more stories though...
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Possibility
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
      X