This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little brush with fame

I actually have two of these, one's a more minor one.

For those who are in the UK and Australia, chances are that you've heard of Play School. For those who haven't, Play School is a little kids TV show. One of the segments involves clips of kids (mostly) who are partaking in some kid-related aspect, usually related to the episode.

Well it turns out that one of the kids I care for was actually a co-star in one of these segments with her friend: friend's mother (not a kid I look after) works for the station that handles the show and invited the kid along. Said kid has also been involved in some clips for mental health week (her mum works with disabled children )

The slightly more major brush with fame was the other day: the kids had a presentation by the author and illustrator of this book. So the whole school got to see this project. While the author was familiar to me, the last name of the illustrator looked very familiar. Turns out that the illustrator is actually the uncle (or great-uncle?) of one of the kids I care for!
    Said kid was more excited about being allowed to go into the staff room than the fact that her uncle was coming to school though!
    I got to see the tail-end of the presentation and the artwork done by the illustrator: it's very lovely
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Aw I thought you were going to tell us you were the original role model for Big Ted.... (I still have mine,it's survived 35 years)....or that you had to be retrieved after being stuck attempting to go through the oval window...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

The staff room is a place of mystery and magic. Only legends tell us what lies beyond the secret doors.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        The staff room is a place of mystery and magic. Only legends tell us what lies beyond the secret doors.
        At this particular school it's nothing glamorous. A small table, their sink, a small fridge, a microwave, a couple of chairs and the rest is taken up by shelving space.
        Kids do actually go in there for doing 1:1 sessions with the support staff, but by that point anything "tempting" is kept out of sight (mostly little goodies)
        The staffroom is actually that small that they can't even have staff meetings in there: they use one of the empty classrooms to do so. The same goes for other meetings apart from the school council, which is held in the library. (we attend the school council meetings and call one meeting each term, although the last two terms have been more informal )

And I also found out today that one of the new schools we've taken on...is going to open a vacation care service. This means that hopefully I'll be able to attend a smaller centre that's closer to work too
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X