This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was.... fun

OK, so at Dice pizza, I usually close, and only start working 5-7 in the evening. There are a few people who work mornings that I rarely see or work with because of that.

Anyway, one of these coworkers, call him Lurch, just rubs me the wrong way. He's in his late 50's, over 6'6" tall, and really likes getting into people's personal bubble. He also makes "flirty" comments to me that just skeeve me out (yes, SM knows about this, SM is dealing with this) and these comments have been noticed by the day driver, who jokes to other employees that I'm Lurch's "work sweetheart". Yeah...

Lurch is married, and loves to come to work and bitch about his wife. Things I know about Lurch's marriage (that I never wanted to): his wife refuses to live with him, his wife is an alcoholic, he pays the rent on his wife's apartment, etc, etc.

Well, yesterday, Lurch spent a while bitching about his wife to a customer, and was spoken to by the ASM about it. Lurch takes a run and comes back furious. (Quick side note here: whenever he is in his car, he's on the phone to someone, presumably his wife)

Apparently, his wife told him she's having an affair. Lurch decided the appropriate responce to that was to storm around the store, tell the newly arrived SM (who came in to talk to Lurch about approperiate behavior in front of customers) that he won't be that good for Dice today, and to come back inside and get right in my face and hiss "I told her that if I ever find him, I'll fucking kill him"

You know how sometimes, you don't register what exactly someone says to you? Like when you're focused on something else and they just talk? Yeah. I was clocking out on a run and was going through a mental checklist on what I needed to grab, other than the pizzas when he got in my face, and all that registered at first was *holycrap there's a guy in my face* and "I'll fucking kill him", didn't realize what he actually said unti later.

Yeah, if the SM hadn't told Lurch to get his money together right then, I probably would have decked him.

So SM had me write up my end of things and sign it, and he sent what he saw to the regional manager.

Fun times.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Lurch needs to be told to leave his personal problems at home, and to stay out of your face and stop with the inappropriate comments. Or it's bye-bye Lurch. No second chances. Don't know if your manager has the spine to do that, though.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I went out of town on Thursday, came back yesterday and Lurch wasn't on the schedule anymore. SM said that he did what he had to do, so I'm assuming that on Lurch's shift on Thursday, he used up his last chance.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
      X