This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth carryonnow View Post
    A couple of years ago, the store where I work was hit by a tornado. During the three month long rebuild the managers were schlepped off to other locations to "earn their keep." While the hourly associates were left in limbo.
    That's management for you, take care of themselves and let the rank and file rot.

One hopes that by the time the store reopened all the employees had found other work and left the place without any workers.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
      Maybe try civilly suing the arsonist for lost wages?
      OP can certainly try. Collecting, however, is another matter entirely.

Comment

Small update: The earliest my store would be able to open is two weeks from now, but we still don't have a definitive timeline. My manger gave me information on two other stores in the area that are willing to give us shifts in the meantime, so I'll probably call them and try to pick a few shifts up while I figure out what the hell I'm going to do in the long-term.

Comment

Willow, it is so weird reading this. I know exactly where you are talking about. I was on the highway when the fire trucks were called out, heading to dinner at the local Dine and Not Drive.

Hello neighbor!

Comment

Hello neighbor! I've had a couple people here message me who are also in our area, this is a little weird for me too! I can't believe you were right there when it happened though, that's nuts.

Comment

Good luck, Willowe. I know the closest fabric store would be a pretty far drive for you.

Comment

Working...
              X