This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels nice...

...to know that you're actually part of the school community over here!

So as I've mentioned before, I work for a school-age childcare service via a private company that contracts their services out to schools. I'm the 2IC for this particular site.

We're now in the process of kindy orientation for the following year and we're also getting involved in this. So guess who got stuck acting as a living prop for about 10 minutes one night while my regional manager blathered on about how good we are? It got even better when she introduced me as the 2IC instead of just as an assistant.

The principal later came up to me and thanked me for taking part in the orientation evening, when previously she's had issues with me cleaning up the place. Teachers are talking to me more, parents are now coming up to me and saying hello if they see me in public and so are the children too!

This is all in comparison to the last job I had where I was lucky to even get a vague mention in the school newsletter if at all.

And checking the newsletters for OTHER sites tonight, I just happened to find my picture in there when I was doing vacation care.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Congratz on the promotion.

I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Thanks. It's now become more or less "official" that I'm the assistant coordinator, as previously I went between both titles.

See my kindy parents thread in brain burps for how the orientation went.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X